Chapter 23: Kindred Spirits Part 2

Start from the beginning

"The student council? Y/N, does that mean...?"

"I forgot to tell you something about Gaeul here, noona. She's actually our school's student council president, and I frequently help her out whenever I can."

With your explanation, Miyeon felt more astonished about Gaeul's position in your school. Still, the fact that she was very well-mannered was more than enough for her to realize that she certainly looked like someone who's very dutiful and responsible.

"That's...really impressive. Since you're the student council president, I hope Y/N here is not a troublemaker at school, is he?" She asked, right before smirking at you.

"Not at all, Miyeon-unnie. It's quite the opposite, really. Y/N is a very diligent student with a sense of responsibility, just like I do. It's because of it that we were able to help each other out whenever possible. That's why you don't really need to worry about him."

Deep down, you are feeling very happy right now because of what Gaeul had said about you. It goes to show how much she cares for you as her friend, and that you'd do the same for her as well.

"Thank you for telling me that. To be honest, I kind of expected you to say those since I know him more than anyone. It just made me feel better knowing that many others at your school thought the same about him."

"And that's the truth, unnie. So then, will you allow him to go with me today?"

"Of course it's okay. Do take care of her, all right?" She said to you.

"Sure noona, but will you be fine here without my help? We're going to have a lot more customers later this afternoon."

"I do appreciate you worrying about me, but Jeonghan and I can manage. Besides, you already helped me out a lot for today, so it's only right for you to spend the rest of the day with one of your friends."

"I see. Thanks noona. I'll be home before seven, so don't worry."

"Okay. I'll see you later, Y/N. I have to get back to work now. Hope you'll come and visit again, Gaeul-ssi."

"Yes, Miyeon-unnie. Again, it's nice to be able to meet you."

Miyeon waved at the two of you before she headed back to the counter, leaving you curious as to why Gaeul would need your assistance today.

"You have a really kind sister, Y/N. I'm happy that you're both so close to each other too." She said before she took a last bite of her chocolate pudding.

"That we are, and I really owe her a lot for taking care of me even to this day. That aside, would you mind telling me about your little scheme this time, Miss President?"

Gaeul then grinned at you before taking a sip of her drink, as she quickly understood how easy it is for you to figure out that she's planning something.

"Was it really that obvious, Y/N? Then again, I suppose it was careless of me to think that you won't be able to know that I'm up to something again."

"See? Looks like I was right after all. You may be able to trick my noona into thinking that you need my help with the student council, but you're not fooling me."

"Heh. Looks like it's only a matter of time before you could read my thoughts completely, Y/N. But right now, I'm pretty sure that you're still thinking as to why I would want you to go with me today."