joey - crush

relationship: joey has a crush on y/n. female orientated.
basic story line: joey becomes nervous when trying to chat-up the reader.
genre: flirtatious.

-

joey sat on the central perk arm chair with ross and chandler on the couch. they were all gushing at the new waitress that gunther had hired a few weeks ago.
"god, she's so hot" chandler said.
"yeah, i don't think i'd ever get bored of looking at her." ross added.

"she might be the most beautiful woman i've ever seen." joey says, his eyes not leaving y/n as he continues to watch her. "like seriously, she's absolutely stunning." he continued, without realising that the two guys were now staring at him, eyebrows raised.

"what?" joey questions, slightly annoyed.
"you love her." ross mocks, chandler laughing.
"i do not" joey tuts, his eyes naturally wandering back over to the hard-working girl.
"yes you do, you've never spoken about a girl this way before" chandler said, excitedly sitting up straighter in his seat.

joey ignored the pair, mesmerized by every movement y/n made. he smiled slightly as she tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, her eyebrows furrowing gently as she concentrated on the piece of paper and calculator before her.

y/n had worked at central perk for a few weeks and had gotten to know the group of regulars quite well. on her breaks she would sit with them and she knew all of their usual orders, and they all considered her to be one of their friends. however, they had never seen her outside of work, and joey was the most desperate to change that.

"hey guys," y/n smiled, walking over to the group of boys, "need any refills?" she took out her notepad and pencil, looking at chandler first.

"yeah, i'll have a cappuccino please." he replied, smirking at the girl, causing joey's stomach to turn with envy.

"i'll just have a latte" ross said.

"and for you, joey?" she sent him a sweet smile. "uh- n-nothing for me thanks" he said quietly.

the guys looked at him in confusion, he was biting the skin off the tip of his fingers, an anxious habit of his. joey was actually dying for a drink, his mouth was incredibly dry. "i'll be right back." joey said quickly, standing up and running over to the counter where y/n was pouring the coffees.

y/n looked up at him waiting for him to speak, but he didn't. there was an awkward silence. "yes, joe?" she said, breaking the tension.

"uhhhh..." he trailed off, scratching the back of his neck, looking down at his shoes. "i was just, uhh" he trailed off again.
y/n stopping pouring the drinks to look at him worriedly. "wondering if... you would get me some lemonade?" he finished the sentence quickly, annoyed that he didn't say what he actually wanted to, and embarrassed that he'd made a fool of himself.

y/n let out a breathy chuckle. "yes, i can do that" she laughed some more, "was that all you wanted?"

"uh, yeah. it was" he said quickly, turning back around and rushing to his original seat.

"wow..." ross said sarcastically.

"smooth, man" chandler joined in.

"shut up" joey huffed, not realising they'd been listening in.

"honestly joe i've got to say, i'd never though i'd see the day where you would be nervous to talk to a woman that you liked."

"it's just hard, okay? she's different." he said feeling like a lost puppy.

chandler and ross smiled at him sympathetically and there was silence for a moment.

"okay guys, here we go" y/n said walking over to the table and placing the coffees down. "thanks, y/n" ross and chandler said in unison as she walked over to joey.

"and one lemonade for mr. tribbiani" she smiled, placing the cold drink on the table, a napkin underneath the glass.

y/n walked away and joey leaned forward, lifting his glass. he sighed, still feeling embarrassed about a moment ago.
blank ink on the napkin caught his eye and stopped him from leaning back in the chair again.

i thought it was smooth.

let's go out some time - y/n x

joey smirked to himself, leaning back in the chair holding the napkin tight in his hand.