chandler - knicks game

relationship: chandler is your boyfriend. female orientated.
basic story line: joey invites chandler to a knicks game, but he doesn't want to leave y/n.
genre: fluff.

-

y/n's pov

it was my first early night off from work in about 2 weeks. i have been so exhausted, and i'm so excited to finally be getting a break. it's about 5pm on a friday evening, and i'm making my way to my boyfriend's apartment as we've planned to spend the night together. i have been waiting for this all week, just the same as chandler. spending so much time apart has been difficult on us both, but we've tried to not let it strain our relationship too much as chandler understands how important my job is to me.

i sighed happily as i made it to apartment 19 and gave it a gentle knock. chandler appears just moments later, and swings the door open eagerly. his smile is bright as he sees me. "hello, gorgeous." he extends his arms out towards me and i walk forward into them, wrapping my arms around his waist and pressing my face deeply into his chest. i feel him press a gentle kiss to my forehead, making me look up at him. he leaned down and connected our lips with a small peck.

i hummed as he gently let me go and turned to shut the door behind us. i placed my bags down and kicked my shoes off, "i'll be back in a moment" i said. i walked into his bedroom and got changed out of my work clothes and into some of my pajamas. the warm fluffy material embraced my body and i immediately relaxed. i walked out of the bedroom and chandler was sat on his barcalounger with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn. he smiled when he saw me, "you look comfy."

i walked over to him and perched on his lap, he placed the blanket over the two of us and turned the tv on. "i was thinking we could watch that animal documentary you mentioned the other day?" he questioned, wrapping one arm around my side encouraging me to lean into him more. "that sounds perfect" i barely whispered, we could both tell i was so tired. he pressed play and his thumb began rubbing patterns against my side.

-

about an hour later, the end credits began to roll on the screen. i was surprised i had stayed awake throughout it, but me and chandler hadn't exactly been paying much attention to the show. we had been talking throughout most of it, just catching up and updating eachother on everything we've missed out on over the past couple weeks.

i yawned and went to stand up. "heyyy where are you going?" chandler whined, pulling me back towards him.
"i really need the toilet" i giggled, prying his hands off of me.
"fine, i'll let you go this one time." i chuckled under my breath as i walked towards the bathroom, yawning and stretching again as i went.

chandler's pov

my lips formed a small smile as i watched y/n walk cutely towards the bathroom and the door shut behind her. i stood up from my seat and went to get a beer from the fridge. suddenly, the front door swung open and a very excitable joey came barging in, waving something in his hand.

"dude!" he shouted as he saw me, "you'll never guess what!" his huge smile beamed as i furrowed my eyebrows at him questionably. "i just got 2 free knicks tickets from a guy at work, the seats are basically right on the floor!"

"oh my god, are you serious?!" i took the tickets from his hand, my huge smile suddenly dropping as i realised the game was for tonight. joey was too excited to notice my change in reaction. "come on man, the game starts soon, go get changed!"

"uh," i said awkwardly, "i don't think i can, joe."
joey let out a laugh "pfft what do you mean you can't? aww do you need me to help you get dressed?" he said in a child-like voice.

"no, that's not what i mean. i mean, i can't come to the game."
"what? why not?!" he seemed hurt and confused. "these seats are the best we'll ever get, and i didn't pay a single dollar for them!" he continued to look at me waiting for an explanation.

"i know, and i'm so sorry it's just-"

my sentence was cut off as the bathroom door opened and y/n appeared. "oh, hey joey." she smiled at him and stood at my side. "what's the matter?" she said, looking between the 2 of us.

"i'm sorry joe, but you remember i have plans with y/n tonight. this is her first night off from work in weeks. i mean, you understand i haven't seen her properly in ages."
joey seemed disappointed but he nodded and smiled at us. "ah, i know, i get it. you two enjoy your evening." he looked at us both and went to leave.

"no wait, joey. can someone tell me what's going on?" y/n asked again.
i sighed and looked at her, sitting down on the edge of one of the bar stools.
"joey got tickets for tonight's knicks game-" i began to explain before he cut me off.

"yeah and they're really good seats too!" he shoved the tickets in y/n's face pointing rapidly.

"okay, okay" y/n said, pushing him away slightly and rubbing his arm to get him to calm down. i chuckled at the situation before me.
"listen, joey. you know i would love to come, but-"

"hey, i know, it's fine." joey looked at the both of us. "i know you need to be together." he walked out of the door and we heard him knock on monica's apartment.

y/n's pov

my heart sank as i watched joey leave. i knew this would be something that chandler would really want to go to.
i turned to look at chandler and i walked towards him. i ran both of my hands through the sides of his hair, my body pressed up against his legs as he was still sat at the bar, our faces at the same height. "i want you to go get joey, and go to the game."

he looked at me confused. "no, y/n. tonight's my night with you." his hands found my waist, my fingers still in his hair.
"i really don't mind. i know i don't understand much about basketball games, but i know how good those seats are."

chandler smirked slightly. "i'm not going," he persisted, "i want to be with you. i missed you so much."
"i missed you too, but i'm not going to be very good company tonight. i mean, i'm so tired that i nearly fell asleep on the toilet!" we both laughed as i glanced quickly towards the bathroom. my hands slid down to rub his shoulders.

"how about we make a deal. you go to the game, i catch up on my sleep, and tomorrow morning i'll call in sick, so we can spend the whole day together?" i raised my eyebrow at him, hoping he'd agree.

he flashed me a smile and stood up from his seat, still holding my hips. "you're amazing" he said, bringing me in to a kiss as my hands wrapped around his neck.
"are you sure, though?" he still seemed unsure about leaving me.

"of course i am, now go."
chandler rushed across the hall and they made their way to the game.

-

the next morning i woke up to chandler's arms wrapped around me. i rolled over to face him, brushing his hair out of his eyes. he stirred awake and leaned in for a kiss. "i'm so excited to spend all day with you" he said in his husky tired voice.
"so am i" i gave him another kiss and got up to call work.
as i made my way towards the phone, i saw a vase of fresh flowers on the counter and a knicks jersey folded up next to it.

i heard chandler emerge from the bedroom, he was smirking at me. "i bought you back some presents last night."

"i love you" i walked over to him and gave him a tight hug.

"i love you more."