part 3

"You know, perhaps let's not get into that, not at least till we're out of here first." Benny insisted. "I'm sure there's other ways to leave besides the train if I remember correctly."

"As much as I would love to get out of here too, I've got myself into helping someone else." You explained to Benny, who in response gave you a confused look.

"So no escape plan yet huh?" He questioned, his Irish accent a little irritated. You nodded yes as a reply, a sigh escaped from Benny's voice box. "Alright, at least I've finally found someone that doesn't want me dead."

"You can say that again, with the two others I've dealt with and now need to either only watch out for Catnap or end up killing them too." You responded while remembering how you made Huggy Wuggy and Mommy Long Legs fall to their demise.

"Wait, killing?! I don't wanna hurt anyone here! That is if anyone else is alive..." Benny replied worriedly.

"I'm guessing you really never have left Playcare huh?" You asked curiously, he nodded no to your question. "Well, as far as I know; Poppy, you, Catnap and a child from a phone named Ollie are alive so..."

"Well, if you're going deeper into Playcare, I wanna help you too!" The little plush exclaimed. "I know that place like the back of my paddy cap!" Pointing at his gray hat on his head that folded his ears down.

"Well good, then perhaps let's get to it." You said almost sarcastically though the help was very much appreciated, already getting into solving this electrical puzzle, why did Elliot ever think that this was a good idea? Perhaps you'll never know.

An electrical hum echoed through the walls as soon as you completed the puzzle, which indicated that something is now connected to power. You then left the security room and back in front of the gates, Benny followed not far behind you. As you went through the turnstiles, you realised that Benny was small enough to walk right underneath it, he must be around the same height as Poppy, understandably Poppy survived by being in her case this entire time, but if Benny didn't have a case then how did he survive this long? It's obvious that he didn't hide like Poppy did as his light brown fabric fur was covered with filth along with his blue jacket and shorts, matching the aesthetic of this place while you noticed that you walked past a KickinChicken cut out.

The cable cart now in sight, matching the look that everything else had, two switches were located on each side of the walls, Benny already made his way to the switch on the right. Just as you were about to tell him that you could flip the switch yourself he already was on the handle trying to pull it, he climbed the fence that was leaning on the wall right underneath the switchboard, you decided to pull the other switch on the other side of the room, at the same time Benny finally pulled down the switch, which opened the cable cart's doors while the creak of the doors echoed until it was completely opened.

"After you." Benny politely said as he stood to the side to let you go first, however you sighed with annoyance.

"Very charmed, thank you." You said with a grumpy tone, one that sadden Benny as he was just trying to be nice.

After you walked in Benny followed before the sliding door creaked as it closed behind. The cable cart then creaked to life as it began to move downwards towards Playcare. During the ride, the only thing that broke the silence between you and Benny was the recording of Elliot Ludwig's speech of a child's smile which you knew that the exact speech was used to cover up Playtime co.'s true intentions, maybe it was their intention of ensuring a child's smile in the beginning, yet if that's the case then why did it escalate to the point of expectation after Poppy? Elliot's yapping got you to a point where you turned off the sound of the tv as remembering his speech made you sick, you never wanted to return here yet you have, all cuz of that note.

The dome had a hole big enough for the trolley to ride through, which it had already gone through by now. A place that was once filled with children's laughter now a shadow of its former 'glory', you could see the five buildings standing around the statues of the smiling critters: Home sweet home, the school, the playhouse, the counselor's office and the toy store. Your grab pack hands made you seem like someone pressing their hands against the windows, or a child excited, whichever you see fit.

The cable cart slowed to a stop as the both of you arrived at Playcare. A light shining down on the statues of the critters, some of the Brone lamp posts have fallen over, most of Playcare's colours now faded, the place was in such disarray, almost made you forget who sent you down here, just as you and Benny both stepped out of the cable cart you started to hear ringing from your pocket, it's Ollie calling you again you assumed.

"It's me again, Ollie!" Ollie psted at you as you answered. "Cool place, right?"

"Uh, I wouldn't say cool, but it's something." You replied while Benny patiently waited for when you do finish the call.

"Yeah, the kids used to live here but now look at it. Anyways, do you see the statue in the middle of the room?" Ollie asked you which you responded with a hum. "Take the stairs that go under it, there's a really cool room in there that powers literally ALL of Playcare! I can give you a key down there." The phone then went quiet as you held on to the phone.

You noticed that Benny was looking at the signs of the smiling critters, each sign contained information about a critter from the crew, you noticed that he seemed sad for some reason.

"You know, it took me a while to actually get back here, but once I finally did... there was barely anyone left, except for Stella... after all that happened I... somehow didn't understand why she was afraid, she tried to reassure me that she wasn't but, it hurt knowing she was afraid of me." Benny explained with a sad tone to his Irish voice box, still watching the signs like they were going to do something. "Never got to find out if anyone else was alive, let alone ok because she ordered me to leave and never come back... without hesitation I left, despite how hard it was to come back when every other toy went nuts."

"What happened in the first place?" You asked, your general tone wanting to comfort him rather than being on the defense for once since meeting the little plushie.

"Were you never told what happened to your coworkers?" He asked as he then turned to face you, you nodded no.

"Unfortunately no-"

"Under the statue" Ollie's voice echoed from the phone in your pocket, you forgot to pick up a key! "Uh, sorry to interrupt like that."

"We should keep moving, but I just want you to know... I don't entirely trust you." You explained as you took a few steps closer to Benny, despite a lack of mouth Benny's expression in his eyes seemed so betrayed. "But! I do appreciate that you haven't harmed me so far, as my last experience with other toys... Well, weren't that great to say the least."

"What are you implying here?" Benny asked confused, you knelt down to as close to his level as you could.

"Just cuz I don't trust you doesn't mean that I don't want your help, we will figure out what's going on and get out of here, together." You then picked up the plushie gently which he wasn't phased by. "Sorry I didn't asked if you were ok with this, would be hard for you to catch up with me for someone your size anyways." As you got up while holding Benny in your arms, he didn't really react at all to what you just did, but you two needed to get keys from under the statue before Ollie could repeat it again.

While making your way down the stairs with Benny, the little plushie was experiencing flashbacks of when other workers like Stella would carry Benny just like you are now, in fact the other smiling critters did too like Dogday... he really hoped that he was ok and that he hadn't lost his mind like the many others he had seen have before he found you.

By now you have already grabbed the key that Ollie sent down through a tube and now following an order that Ollie sent to you, heading towards a door located to the left of the cable cart that the both of you used to get down here in Playcare.