"This isn't a movie" Gray argued. Before they all could decide on what to do, the lights suddenly flickered before they suddenly lost power.

All the humans in the area froze as Claire searched for her phone to turn on its torchlight when a familiar chittering sound echoed across the hallway.

"Was that Owen?"

"I really don't want to risk it" Barry said as they hid behind tables and boards as they watched the direction the source of the sound was coming. There was some light scratching before the sound of an air vent opening and closing.

A glowing raptor that is definitely not Owen or any of his raptors screeched and started sniffing around. It does not help they could only see the glowing patches and not its head.

Who knows if it already found them.

There was light somewhere at the end where it directly led to the Visitor's Center to Main Street. All they needed to do is move around the raptor without getting caught and head to freedom.

Seems easy.

That is, if the one they were hiding wasn't an animal that excels in hunting all types of prey. One wrong move and they're dead.

Barry quickly motioned for Zara and the boys to move first. Zara quickly ushered the boys towards to safety, keeping an eye on the moving glowing patches.

Gray and Zach crawled quietly while keeping their postures low and close to the floor. Once the raptor suddenly moved out of their sights, the boys eagerly moved closer to the light.

"Boys wait!" Zara whispered as she tried to reign them in which proved to be futile as the boys escaped her grasp. The resulting movement made Zach accidentally bump into one of the tables and knocked over a beaker that broke upon impact on the floor.

The sound felt like a death sentence as rapid pounding of the feet made Zach and Gray scramble to hide under a table as the raptor appeared closer to the boys than the adults would've liked.

Barry took a chance and silently threw something far away from them and it made a very loud clatter. The raptor, deciding there wasn't anything else, barked and followed the sound.

After 2.5 seconds of waiting, they scrambled to get to the door. A bog mistake on their part. Raptors have very sensitive hearing and with the pounding of their footsteps, the oncoming roar from the raptor made them dash out, quickly forgetting stealth as they ran inside the Visitor's Center. 

Knowing they won't be able to outrun a raptor on foot, Gray made a dash to one of the hologram devices and randomly activated any dinosaur hologram that might stall the raptor from following them. It did the trick when the raptor was suddenly facing the holographic images of a Dilophosaurus who fanned out its neck frills to make itself look bigger and roared.

The raptor roared in response and pounced on the sudden intruder only to let out a bewildered chirp when it suddenly passed through. She let out a confused bark before she gave a testing bite and found out that this predator seems not real enough for her to grab a bite off. She turned to where the humans had run off.

Clever humans...

She decided they might be fun prey to hunt after all. 

***

The said humans were already out of the Visitor's Center and on Main Street when they were ambushed by two of the unknown raptors. "Where did these things come from?" Claire asked out loud as she pulled her nephews closer "You mean you also don't know?" Barry asked to which Claire replied with a shake of her head.

Zara gripped her handbag tightly, using it as a weapon in case one of the raptors got too close. The other two were then joined by one more raptor, who was probably their alpha based on the reactions of both raptors. She hissed as she drew near them, her razor sharp teeth threatening to take a chunk of meat off them.

Loud and pounding footsteps echoed and vibrated from their ears and beneath their feet as the Indominus Rex appeared as she turned from a corner. Murderous intent filled her eyes though most of it was directed at Claire. She always remembered that face whenever she visited her prison, her cage.

Her death would bring nothing but sweet release from what she had suffered in the hands of these insignificant prey.

Claire felt chills roll her back when the I-Rex seems to eye her in particular. She never felt so small right now in the face of certain death. A part of her wondered where Owen had gone or had something happened to him and his pack.

She quickly banished those thoughts. Owen was smart, he needed to be smarter than the rest of the dinosaurs in order to tame them. He would be alright but right now he isn't here so she needed to focus more on saving herself and the others than wait for some hero to show up.

Barry had half a mind to pull up his hidden hand gun and shoot the closest raptor in the head as the three raptors slowly advanced with their claws out and jaws widening as the I-Rex leaned in closer to watch the whole thing unfold and maybe take a bite in.

"Stop!" A loud roar broke through the tension when all eyes turned to the door that lead to the indoors of the Visitor's Center to see Owen and his raptors standing above the staircase. Claire and Barry were relieved while Zara, Zach and Gray were worried. 

Owen and his pack ran down the stairs and circled around the humans and hissed and snarled at the three raptors. Owen turned to face the alpha of the unknown raptor pack as she growled.

The final battle is about to begin.