Chapter 16

While Owen and the raptors were waiting for the humans outside, said humans were running through the halls to get to Hammond's Recreational lab. They were there for two things:

One, to probably find a solution or whatnot that might be fatal for the I-Rex. Second, an antidote for Owen's predicament. The second one was personal for Claire and Barry while Claire's nephews and Zara remained unaware of the second thing.

They finally managed to find the main lab where everything started. As they entered the lab, Gray's attention was more focused on the small animals that were inside different aquariums. He stared at the small animals in awe till he realized that these weren't ordinary animals but hybrids, prototypes to be exact.

Zach was quick to notice his brother's stunned expression and followed along in watching the unusual small hybrids.

"What is this?" Gray asked as he came across a desktop that was showcasing a dinosaur. It would've been normal to see it if the showcasing wasn't that of a human's bone structure being reorganized into a dinosaur.

"Aunt Claire you've got to see this!" Zach called out as the adults made their way towards them. Once Claire took note of the showcasing on the screen, she quietly pleaded with Barry to take the kids and Zara somewhere else away from here.

Barry tried but failed when Gray's hands were already on the keyboards and was typing incessantly. What followed was a series of clinically horrific experiments and data being performed on live animals.

"Oh god..." Zara couldn't help but feel her face turn green as she watched a cute bunny suddebly convulsed as if going into seizure before the body began to rapidly change and then it died soon after.

"Did Owen felt like this when he transformed?" Claire did not want to know what type of pain Owen went through to turn into what he is now but from the number of experiment folders there is here, this wasn't exactly a cake walk for the geneticist either.

"Subject log: 2051030

Real Time: 5:30 AM

Today seems like a fruitful day. I managed to isolate the RNA velociraptor samples of the fossilized amber. The problem is that we can't seem to let it blend it well with the constituents of the body. This is one hill climb I am eager to accomplish"

And accomplish he did.

Considering that the living proof of that is the human turned velociraptor waiting just outside.

"Uh...Gray can you find out anymore about this? Like uh...an antidote or a way to change back?"

Finding the question from his aunt a bit weird, Gray still complied and brought up the recent video log. It was just recorded hours before the I-Rex's escpae and attacks.

"Subject log: 1121681

Real Time: 10:00 AM

Subject's raptors appears to be responsive to him in relation to a pack protecting the Alpha from attacks. Subject also seems to have no signs of discomfort.

More data needed."

That was all there is in the recording and no more were added "Are there any folders for anything to revert the change?" Gray scanned through the files and shrugged "They all looked like experiments before this one aunt Claire. I guess they were still testing it"

They were still testing it when they gave it to Owen?!

Claire felt like sinking. Owen may not have a chance of turning back if they themselves can't find a cure soon. "Maybe we can trace back to where this all started. Maybe find the antidote there. It works on science movies." Zach suggested.