Chapter 11

There was a loud crash in the other room, like someone dropped a glass on the floor. Anzu was in the living room, watching a movie and drawing pictures with crayons. It was another picture of herself, her mother, and her father. Upon hearing the crash, she turned her head towards the doorway where her mother was standing.

"Miss Sango, are you okay?" The head housekeeper ran into the room. The actress brushed her off and immediately staggered over to her daughter, swaying slightly with her movements.

"What are you drawing, my precious daughter?"

"It's you, me, and Daddy." Anzu smiled, showing off her creation. "We're having a pick-a-nick together!"

"A picnic... how fun..." A tear escaped her mother's eye as she stared at the paper. Suddenly, Sango enveloped her daughter in a hug as she cried. "I'm so sorry, Anzu. I promise we'll go see your father one day."

Anzu could smell the slight stench of wine coming from her mother. She knew what her mother meant; they would go see his real grave together. She said this every year around this time, so she figured it was the day her father passed away.

"When can we see him, Mommy?"

"In due time, Anzu."

° ∆ -------- ••• ------- ∆ °

"Anzu, wake up. It's time to go."

The crimsonette tiredly rubbed her eyes as she slowly woke up. Alas, the 2nd year excursion was over and it was time to go home. Thanking Machi, Anzu exited the bus and went to collect her things. Momiji handed her bag to her and the female smiled sweetly. She wanted to say something, feeling bad for running off on him earlier, but a car horn in the distance distracted her.

Standing on the side of an expensive car was a very familiar face sporting an innocent smile. Momiji's heart nearly dropped as he watched Anzu's face become solemn and she immediately started heading towards Akito. Unknowing students whispered amongst themselves, putting together stories and theories that this must be Anzu's boyfriend and the princess is finally returning to her castle.

As Anzu got into the car, Akito followed suit, but not before eyeing his Rabbit. The moment Hatsuharu joined him, Akito disappeared behind the car window and sped off. Yuki, seeing the whole ordeal, frowned and walked over to the two. He'd been conducting his student council duties and welcoming the students back, but the look Akito gave Momiji concerned him.

"What was that all about?"

"Akito's declaring war." Momiji continued to look at the spot where Anzu once was. It didn't matter to him; he'd already steeled his resolve. He wasn't going to let Anzu suffer when he could do something about it.

Back in the car, Anzu sat against the window and held her backpack to her chest. She didn't know what kind of mood Akito was in, so she didn't want to say anything to alter it. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she felt Akito's head against her shoulder.

"Did you have fun, my dear Anzu? I missed you."

"I missed you too." Her response was immediate and partially involuntary, like her spirit responded before she could.

"I didn't sleep well while you were gone." Akito murmured. "We should spend more time together. I already have your room prepared."

Anzu frowned at this proposition. "What about-"

"If you truly cared about Momiji, you wouldn't question me."

The younger female immediately went silent, her eyes widening in shock. Her grip on her backpack unconsciously grew harder as her mind started to race. How long had Akito known? What did Akito know? What was going to happen to Momiji?