the hellfire club

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Daylight┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ i understand, act three

CHAPTER FOUR — the hellfire club

I wake up in a sweat after yet another nightmare about the events of July 4th. I catch my breath and look over to the clock on my nightstand, it reads; 6:03 am. Forty two minutes before my alarm goes off. Awesome. I roll out of bed and make my way into the bathroom, taking a hot shower to wash away the horrors of my sleep. I put on the first pair of jeans that I can find and a t-shirt, shoving my feet into some boots, before grabbing my jacket and heading out to the kitchen. "Hey, so I'm gonna be home late. Here's a twenty, try and get your sister out of the house. I know, it's difficult, but she can't let this dictate the trajectory of her life."

"Says the woman who has thrown herself into work to deal with losing her first and seemingly, only love." I argue, as I take a bite from the apple in my hand. She sends a glare my way and I toss my hands up in surrender, lifting my bag from one of the bar stools. "I'll try, but no promises. Bye." And I shut the door behind me, reading the watch on my wrist, and running to my car, realizing that I'm beyond late. I toss my bag in the passenger seat, put the key in the ignition, and step on the gas. I drive as fast as I can to the Henderson residence and out run Lila and Dustin, the latter still trying to put his shoe on. I laugh at the pair, before moving my bag from the seat to the floor, so Lila can sit and they both enter the vehicle. "Hey, Henderson, how's your Spanish grade?" I ask the younger boy, while glancing at him through the rearview mirror.

"Perfect." He smiles, cheekily.

"Really?" I combat. "Last I checked, which was yesterday, it was complete ass. How'd you fix it overnight?"

"A magician never reveals his secrets." Dustin says, making spirit fingers and raising his brow.

"Right." I shake my head, glancing over at the girl beside me, who is currently applying eye makeup. "You do realize that you're in a moving car. And not that I'm a terrible driver, but I would advise against it. And why are you putting on anything more than mascara? It's just school."

"Because we have the pep rally today, so-" She groans. "Oh, who am I kidding. I am doing this to impress Robin."

"Dude, she's already your girlfriend. Stop being a tryhard" Dustin jokes causing me to laugh. Delly glares at the two of us.

"What?" I shrug, glancing between her and the road. "The kid has got a point. Robin likes you for you. Not what's on your face." A small part of me wants to step on the brakes, but I decide that it's a little too mean. Lila finishes her makeup, just in the nick of time, as I pull into the school parking lot. I put the car into park and we all exit, Dustin running ahead of us to catch up with Mike, while Lila and I take our time. We discuss tonight's game, while walking towards the gym. Neither of us is necessarily looking forward to this pep rally. Unfortunately, us taking our time and being deep in conversation leads to me nearly getting hit by a car. Not just any car; Harrington's driving. "Watch it, dick!" I shout at him, pausing to send a dirty look his way, then continuing onto the grass.