e pluribus unum

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Daylight┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ don't wanna keep secrets, act two

•°✧ ˚ ━ don't wanna keep secrets, act two

CHAPTER SIX — e pluribus unum

"The gate." Steve repeats Dustin and we all share a look. We instruct everyone to move. Trying our best to explain why this is bad.

"I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin questions, as we're making our way down the steps.

"Not exactly." Steve says.

"Then what, exactly?" Gen asks.

"All you need to know is it's bad." I state, glancing over at her.

"It's really bad." Steve adds.

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Dustin jumps in now.

"And you know about this how?" Robin asks, as we reach the control room.

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica questions, causing us to look for him and find nothing. An alarm sounds and we know we're screwed.

"Shit." Steve huffs, running over to the door and opening it, staring out at the Russians. He slams the door shut and ushers all of us to run. We go through a couple doors, following Dustin's lead and find ourselves in a room full of more Russians. Of the scientist profession not carrying guns. We run to our left towards the device and the gate, Steve leading us down a set of steps and through another door. Steve holds the door shut, but there's too many of them, so Robin and I help him. It's not working all that well and we're definitely gonna get caught. Dustin tells us to come on, but we all look at one another, knowing that's not gonna happen. "Go! Just get out of here!"

"Go, come on, now!" Gen yells."

"No! Just go get some help, okay?" Steve fires back.

"What are you doing?!" She questions.

"Go!" This time it's me shouting.

"I won't forget you!" Dustin says.

"Go!" All three of us say simultaneously, as the other three make their way out of the room. Just as they disappear from sight, we all get shoved back, and the Russian comrades enter, holding us at gunpoint. Robin and I are dragged into a separate room than Steve and tied to a set of chairs. We're left alone so I take that as an opportunity to tell the story of last year to Robin and whatever I can remember about what Steve and Lila told me about the year prior.