Chapter 14

His mother looked at him with a disappointed expression on her face like she did not want him here.Like she didn't miss him at all.

" Hello mother" he says. " May I come in?"

" Yes, you may" his mother says. She opens the door wider so that he could walk inside. He walks in and when I am about to follow she says " I only invited Eli."

"No, I'm allowing her to come in" Eli says. Eli was standing right next to his mother. He was about a head taller than her.

His mom rolls her eyes and opens the door wider. I can tell she doesn't want me to be in her house. I don't think she likes me that much. Every time I talk to her she is always a smile on her face but I know that smile was probably fake. I have always known her as a smart kind businesswoman that will kick your ass if you ever mess with her. She hasn't been that woman ever since Eli has been tutoring me for some reason. I slowly enter the house. We walk inside the living room. It was so big. There was gigantic black couches, beautiful glass windows, and paintings hanging on the wall that looked like that might have been painted by Vincent Van Gogh. All these things I know that I would not be able to afford especially now that I live alone. The thought of living alone still makes me sad. I sit on one of the chairs and Eli sits next to me. His mother sits across from us.

"Eli, I have so many questions to ask you" she says. " And I was hoping we would be alone when I asked them" she says staring directly at me like him going to jail was all my fault."I could leave if you want me to" I say ready to get up and leave but that would not be fair to Eli. I can't take how awkward this all is. I hate it.

" No" Eli says with a very serious expression on his face. "Your staying."

" Okay" I say.

"Eli, the first thing I want to know is how you got out of jail" she says.

" Well, remember my uncle from.." he sighs. Is he really going to lie to his mother? I thought he was going to tell the truth to his mother. Wasn't that the purpose of all this,to tell his mother the truth about how got of jail. That would be the right thing to do. I take a glance at him. He sighs again and says"Mom, I'm sorry I can't lie to you."

She now has a confused expression on her face. If he tells her the truth, that would make his mom not like me even more since I helped him break out of jail but it was all worth it. I mean if I didn't get him out of jail who would.

"Mom, Amber and Abby helped me break out of jail and I have been staying at Amber's house for the past two days" he says and then the room goes silent. I look at Eli's mother. She looks so shocked. She probably thought that some family member or friend bailed him out of jail.

" What is wrong with you?" she says pointing at me.

" I'm sorry. I was just trying to help him" I say apologetically.

" If you wanted to help him, you should of let him stay there until he learned his lesson" she says.

" I think that is a bit cruel"I say.

"Maybe you should worry about your own family problems. You know with your mom and everything" she says. Right after she said that I feel tears fall down my cheeks like rain drops.

" Mom, please stop" Eli says. " Your hurting your feelings."

" No, maybe she is just too sensitive" she says.

Eli moves and closer to me and puts his arms around my shoulders. He starts rubbing my back in circular motions.

"Just get her out of here. I don't want her ass in my damn house" his mom says and then walks out of the living room.