10

You followed directly behind the strange male after his interesting speech. Once the two of you turned a corner you bumped into something hard. Looking up you found him staring straight into your eyes.

"What?"

You backed up and rubbed your nose "Well first off at least tell me when your gonna stop. Second, your speech back there was interesting" You leaned against the wall "I mean I liked some of the stuff but the declaration of war at the end was a bit much don't you think?" You asked making him raise a brow at you.

"Aren't you apart of 1-A too?" he asks hesitantly leaning next to you.

"Why do you care? Are you just going to start roasting me personally? Oh I wanna go first! You remind me of those feral minions from despicable me two! "

He rolled his eyes. There was absolutely no way you were being serious.

"Didn't your mom ever tell you if you roll your eyes to much they'll get stuck back there?"

"I'm leaving-"

He turned, but you were right in front of him at the next second. Before he could process your swiftness you talked over him.

"Fine! No more jokes you debby downer..." Getting out of his way you decided to walk next to him this time "So what was that speech about anyway?"

"It's really none of your business-"

"Oh? I think it is. As soon as you declared war on 1-A, you declared war on every single one individually. Including me" The two of you made eye contact at the exact same moment.

"Nothing here is fair. It's all for the privileged" He broke the eye contact looking straight forward, then turned a nearby corner "The written exam was cool. Everyone had a shot. Then the practical exam came. It was only directed towards certain strengths. My quirk didn't even stand a chance against some others. And those robots?" He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth "You're fuckin' kidding me"

You didn't interrupt him no matter how many questions you had about his quirk, or different experiences. When he finished there was silence. You let the new information sink in.

"Well how did you think about it from a strategic standpoint? Y'know, doing something totally out of the box?" He didn't give a response.

"We've got people in there with quirks that shouldn't even have made it in there! Don't tell them her I said this, but I mean that invisible chick? Come on! So you're right, the practical exam didn't play to everyone's strengths, but they used that to their advantage. Going into knowing they had a disadvantage forced them to bring out crazy plans" you pointed back towards 1-A "And that shit worked"

He had his hands in his pockets watching, listening.

"If you're going to just stay in your comfort zone forever then don't even bother being a hero at all! At least you still get to do things like the sports festival! Some of us aren't so lucky!-"

He waved his hands his eyes squeezed shut "Hold on, hold on, hold on. This is totally not even about me anymore. What the hell are you even talking about"

You took in a deep breath "It's none of your business"

He chuckled "Actually, it is my business. As soon as you ran your mouth to much then slipped up, it became my business"

You started making your way back to the classroom. Using your own line against you?

Diabolical.

"Aizawa and Nezu won't let me participate in the sports festival. They think I might break someone's arm.. It's so strange because Midoryia breaks his arm all the time and he somehow gets to participate. And next time come up with some original content!"

"Participating in the sports festival is like.. a rite of passage for attending UA" you stopped getting a sudden idea.

"You're gonna help me! Don't even think about disagreeing. I just gave you advice and this is how you're paying for therapy- don't walk away! Shinsou!"

—---------------

"So you're telling me that was should let you join the sports festival because it's your rite of passage?" Aizawa was sitting reluctantly in Nezu's office.

"I promise you it sounded so much more inspirational when shinsou said it" he nodded from one of the couches in the corner of the room. You sat down in the same chair you sat in when you got the awful news.

"It's a rite of passage. I get why you're treating me different, but it still doesn't completely make sense. Why are you isolating me from what the rest of my classmates are doing? They get to experience everything UA has to offer, but what about me?"

Aizawa only looked at you with the same blank look. You gave out a defeated sigh.

"Fine! I'll just sit in the crowd and watch! Get absolutely no job opportunites and live in a raggedy apartment with cats! like you!" you pointed to aizawa then hurried your face in your hands "I hate my life!"

He rubbed his temple with one hand holding up the other to stop you.

"You can join the sports festival okay? Just stop about your future as a failure, like me apparently"

You jumped out of your seat giving him a high-five.

"Yes! Thank you so much Aizawa I won't let you down"

He shifted his position "Don't get to excited. You're going to have a list of rules that you should follow" You already had shinou's hand in yours ready to walk out.

"Yup! Mhm! Thanks again you two!" After you made sure the door was fully closed you started snickering. Shinsou gave you a funny look.

"What the hell are you snickering at?"

"I'm not following any of those rules. He's fuckin' crazy"