|4| Spice and Tea

Start from the beginning

Tears escaped from my eyes, trailing down the sides of my cheeks. Daniela sat on my lap and engulfed me in her arms, rubbing my back as I sobbed into her shoulder. Her sister-like atmosphere provided a warm loving shelter and she will never know how grateful I am for it.

Daniela's P.O.V

On my way to Jake's house, I spotted a girl sitting by the river near his cottage, her sobbing almost being drowned with the flows of the water against the rocks. I decided to sit beside her and observe her silently. Even though she was quiet her loud blonde curls spoke for her, I knew she wasn't from here. No one has such bold, but not insanely colored hair.
I knew if I remained quiet and kept on with my rude staring I'd pass the line between caring and creepy. Clearing my throat, I offered the girl some bread that I had fetched for Jake. With her face still buried in her arms, she shook her head no. I shrugged, even though she couldn't see me, and asked what was wrong. Lifting her head, she spoke in a soft voice.

"-sob- I have -sob- no idea. I felt at home with the stew he offered me -sob- because it reminded me of -sob- my dad. I asked -sob- for tea and he -sob- just -sob- blew up. He almost hit me with the bowl but he didn't care -sob-."

I asked her for her name, and she took a second before replying, "Alice".

  I told her to tell me where the guy was, and she pointed towards Jake's cottage. I should have put two and two together! Of course, no one else lives over here and no one else gets into a fit of rage about tea. Not like Jake. He's different. He can't handle even the thought of it. If word spread about his condition, there is no doubt about the judgement they would direct his way. Good thing very few know about it. But only I can calm him down.

I told Alice to go back with me and, reluctantly, she followed. I have to keep her close in case she runs off and blabbers her mouth about the scenario that occurred. Once we reached the door, I told her to wait until I retrieved her. I heard a smash and something bang and crash. I slowly opened the door and, once he saw it was me, I could sense that relief flooded his mind in the way his eyes softened a bit. My heart melted, but I still took a few hesitant steps towards him, trying to soothe him with my voice.
  Finally, he dropped whatever metal object he was holding and sat down, his teeth clenched tight. He sat there, unmoving. I sat down on his lap as he was about to cry and hugged him tight, rubbing my hands on his back to get him to calm down. I explained to him about Alice and how she wouldn't bring up the subject any more. I felt the anger leave his body, but I knew embarrassment and disappointment were plaguing his mind.

  Jake cried even more and said that he wanted Alice back. Jealously boiled within me. But I did as I was told, tidying up his room first before fetching the she devil. While Jack took a shower to cool off, I had to teach Alice protocol on how to handle Jack in situations like these.

Ugh! All she does is nod her stupid little head, her perfect curls bouncing up and down, as she listens to me. Does she even know what I'm talking about? I highly doubt anything is registering in that puny brain of hers. How could Jack like her when he barely knew her?! He's known me for all his life, yet he's chosen to go for some unknown tramp with outlandish eyes. Come on! We would have perfect kids, better than the ones she would produce.

I know he doesn't see me in that way, and I don't know if he ever will, but ever since the day I almost ended his life, I've been there for him time and time again. And what does he do? He chooses Alice over me. To be fair he didn't just choose her, he just chose her for the moment. He's chosen many before her to kiss and hold instead of you.
I try to shut my subconscious down, but I know she is right and I can't do anything about it.He doesn't know that I am forever in his debt. He doesn't know about his almost death. I still do cry myself to sleep, knowing that I almost killed the love of my life.

  Maybe I can get rid of this fiend called Alice. Manipulate her into loving someone else. Only then will he crawl back into my arms and, hopefully, realize that I've been here all along. That I'm the one he's looking for. So, I'm going to have to show her around this land to rouse interest from the beasts and men alike. And, better yet, she might develop a liking to those I introduce her to.

I alone know Jake's strengths and weaknesses as if they were my own. I was there to help mend his broken soul. So I alone am entitled to his heart. No one else has a right to steal it. Alice is no exception.

~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~
What do you think ?!?! I think it's spicy . And what's with TEA? Taylor swift is just to give you an idea of what Alice looks like you can totally imagine her however. Jake though I really wanted him to be Jake t Austin
But it's all in the eye of the reader so favorite this and leave any and all feed back! Xoxo~Hypnotiz