"I'll make sure we're okay" he told her because he knew in the end he would give up anything to ensure Bella and Charlie are safe

She didn't like that answer so much. Able to tell that he wasn't confident in it. But he shared a lot with her tonight and was proud of him for being able to do so.
Talking about his worries was for another night.

And it didn't really matter because she knew in the end, she would do anything to make sure Tommy and Charlie are okay.

Deciding to move on, smiling as she scratched the back of his neck

"Arthur stopped by today"

Tommy felt his mouth twitch as he rubbed his hands up and down her thighs, knowing where this was going , "and did he say anything exciting?"

Humming in response "he did anddd he asked me something too" she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes

"Oh yeah, and what would that be?" He asked not knowing what he asked of her, but curious to find out

Her smile shined through fully now, not able to hold it in any longer "he asked me to be the baby's god mother, looks like you really are stuck me now Tommy"

He had no idea that the couple would ask her to be the godmother. But he likes the thought. He knew she'd be great at it.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, peach. Really, I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, Tommy. I'm really glad they asked me." She spoke proudly

"Me too, you'll be wonderful at it." He said then leaned in to give her a quick kiss. Then quickly Deciding the kiss wasn't enough, he moved his hands around her waist, flipping her over, causing her to giggle.
hovering above her, leaning on his elbows so he doesn't crush her.

"You're so beautiful, Bell. I hope you know that." He spoke so kindly that she felt her heart flutter.

Bringing her hands up to his face, she pulled him down to her, mumbling against his lips

"Then show me..."

And with that he kiss her, hard.

*****

Bella felt cold.

Stretching her arms out, trying to find her warmth, only to feel that the bed was empty. Opening her eyes to find that it was true, Tommy was gone.

Not that she expected anything less, he was a busy man and liked an early start.

Deciding there was no reason for her to stay in bed now, she got up as well.

After freshening up and getting dressed for the day, putting on a light dress to match the warm spring weather. she found that Charlie too was already up. Finding him eating breakfast with Ada and Karl in the dinning room

With a surprised look on her face "What's everyone doing up so early?" walking into the room and petting Charlie on his head as he smiled up at her

Ada held a soft smile on her face "morning Bell. Tommy instructed me to send you to his office once you were awake."

Ada must've noticed the confused look on her face, but only shrugged in response. "Sorry, love, didn't tell me what for."

Bella nodded, smiling down at the two boys again before making her way towards the office.

Knocking lightly on the door once she made it down the hall. Shifting from foot to foot, not knowing why she felt so nervous. It was only Tommy...But what if after the last few days, he decided this isn't what he wants, that he didn't want her to be with him or Charli-

"Come in" she heard his voice, interrupting her thoughts.

Slowly opening the door, stepping inside to see Tommy behind his desk. Not even looking up from the papers, only making her more nervous...

"Have a seat, Bella." He spoke while gesturing to the chair in front of him

Bella felt her insides twist again, but still she nodded and made her way across the room

Adjusting her skirt as she sat, then nervously playing with the fabric, waiting for him to speak

It was a long few seconds before he did so too. Finally putting the papers down, leaning forward onto the desk, folding his hands in front of him.

"I thought there was no secrets between us."

Bella frowned, having no idea what he was referring to. Shaking her head "there isn't...what's going on Tommy?"

Clearing his throat and pursing his lips "I like to believe that you know me well enough by now to know that I find out everything"

Bella can feel the panic rising inside. Having absolutely no idea what he is talking about. She never did anything to go against him or the family. She couldn't. Her heart wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Tommy, you're scaring me. Please tell what you're talking about"

He still held a straight face, void of any emotion, which tugged at Bella's nerves. Slowly feeling her breathing becoming uneven.

"Then explain to me Bella, how come you never told me today was your birthday?"

Gasping, staring at him with wide eyes. Not believing that's what came out of his mouth! Standing up rather quickly, making her way around the desk.
Tommy leaned back as he turned his chair to face her. Only to have Bella lean close and poke him in the chest

"That wasn't funny, Tommy! Nearly scared the shite out of me!...Thought you were done with me."

Tommy tried to hide his smirk, but failed. Grabbing her wrist, pulling her down into his lap, kissing the inside of her wrist
"Don't think I'll ever be done with you"

Shaking her head, still in disbelief over his cruel joke, she asked "so who told you?"

"Your mum rang, who told Ada, who told me. Why didn't you say anything, peach?" He asked raising his eyebrows at her

She shrugged and started playing with his tie "dunno, guess my birthday was just never that important to me. Never really celebrated it before, why start now?"

Tommy rubbed her back "none of that this year. Pushed business back for the day, we have plans"

Looking up at him with a smirk, slowly dragging her hand up to his neck "yeah? And what kind of plans do you have in mind?"

Reaching out for her wrist again, stopping her movements, tsking at her

"As much as I'd love to, Ada offered to watch Charlie for the day and I have a surprise for you out in the field"

Bella pouted. "Are you sure we don't have a little bit of time, Mr. Shelby?"

Tommy stared intensely at her, her pouty lips and big eyes. Any man would be dumb to pass her offer up.
So he pulled her in by the neck, giving into her kiss.
Only to pull back a few seconds later,
"Save it for the field, love" he told her, then stood up with her still in his arms. Loving the sound of her giggling as he walked her towards the door.