Detective Powers: Yeah, you mentioned that name before. We went to the bar you stated earlier, and no one recognized you or knew any 'Travis' that had been in recently. So, either you're lying to us, or you were tripping on something we've never seen before.

Powers sighed and rubbed his temple. He took a sip of something from a canteen and swore under his breath.

Detective FIscher: You want honest truth? Manager not pressing charges. Your girlfriend talked him out of it. We just want to know what happened.

Detective powers: And why he would drop the charges. You messed him up pretty good, kid. I would hang you out to dry in his position. That is, unless you maybe saw something we didn't? Something that's keeping you on his good side?

That was. . . interesting. Sona was a saint for getting him to drop the charges, and you owed her an unpayable dept at this point. When you saw her again, you would have to make sure you never messed up that bad.

A/N: No idea, sir.

The detectives looked at each and nodded. They both stood up and Powers pulled out a stack of papers before dropping them in front of you.

Detective Powers: Well, we're sending you home. I think you've caused enough trouble for us already. Don't miss that flight, or we'll come knocking. Have a good day, sir.

_______________________________________

Evelynn stepped out of the steaming shower and swiped a white towel from the rack. She had always felt at home in hotel rooms. Since she had spent most of her adult life on the road, she never really had a place to call home. She had owned houses of course, many in fact, but she never spent enough time in them to get attached. She had concerts to perform, fans to please, talk shows to appear on, and celebrity dinners to attend. She truly was 'living the dream', someone's dream at the very least.

She wiped the water from her form and looked at herself in the mirror. Her short hair had grown in length the last few weeks, she had not even realized it. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. When she next opened them, there was a different face staring back at her. Her skin was now a pale blue with black and purple 'clothes' forming stockings, underwear, a bra, and long gloves. her tails danced like serpents behind her, now nothing less than perfectly formed organic spears. Her fingernails were razor-sharp claws. Her eyes still shone yellow, though there was a shadow around most of her upper face. Her hair had formed into a swirling mass of pink and white.

She remembered the hunt. She remembered a cabin. She moved through the woods on a cold winter's night under a pale moon. The young man was out checking the forest edge after seeing Evelynn through the cabin window. He carried a shotgun and a torch. She giggled to herself as the man drew closer. She moved the shadows around her, revealing all of her most desired parts. She moved into sight and presented herself to the man – seeing the lust in his eyes. She smiled and pulled him closer, wrapping him in the embrace of her tails. She remembered her laughter. She remembered his moaning. She remembered his screaming.

It had been so long since she had looked like that, so long since she left that life behind. It did not even feel like her anymore. It felt like another lifetime – like it was a different person.

Her expression soured and her appearance quickly morphed back to that of the purple-haired diva. She smiled at herself again.

This is who I am.

She finished drying herself off and hung the towel once more. Would it be best to try to make up with Akali? Her reaction had been on the extreme side, it came with a past such as hers. When people started being actively suspicious of your intentions it was time to move on. She dressed in a robe and stepped out into the small hotel room.