"I scored a collector's edition of HSM." he told her, motioning to it with his free hand. "I was hoping you'd sign it."

Miss Jenn tilted her head, raising a brow. She smiled at him again, feeling slightly flattered. Nonetheless, she knew what their conversation was about— he'd just scored the role of Troy, and was sucking up to make sure he didn't lose it again.

"I just thought since you were part of the original cast-"

She took the box from husband, still smiling. She reached towards her desk, picking up a pen. "Where would you like me to sign?"

"Anywhere you want." EJ shrugged, still grinning. "Just, uh, not under Zac. I'm hoping I can get him yo write something special if I meet him. You know, one Troy to another."

There it was. Miss Jenn froze in position, her pen hovering above the box. She stared down at Zac Efron's face, sighing. Then she swiftly looked up to EJ.

"EJ, Cam didn't quit the show. He came back." she informed him, guilt filling her as his face fell.

"...What?" EJ uttered, his shoulders slumping.

+

"Troy!" exclaimed Miss Jenn when Cam entered the bomb shelter, scaring him witless. He stared at her, wide-eyed and open-mouthed momentarily as she grabbed his shoulders. "There you are! We're so happy you're back!"

"Oh, thanks..." mumbled Cam sheepishly. He looked around, swallowing thickly.

"Oh, you know..." Miss Jenn clicked her tongue, looking over him. "Nini and Ashlyn aren't here yet. Will you find them for me?"

Cam nodded slowly; he knew where Ashlyn would be. She liked to hang out in the auditorium and play her piano for no one to enjoy but herself. Sometimes Cam would stand at the back, hoping she wouldn't notice him so he could keep listening.

Cam didn't know where Nini would be. EJ had been in the bomb shelter, so she obviously hadn't been with him. He shrugged to himself.

Entering the auditorium through the side door, he froze when he heard not only Ashlyn's voice, but Nini's as well. His eyes widened.

"It feels like I might have broke the best thing that I had,
I said too much to ever take it back,
I'm scared I'll never find something as good,
And would I even know it if I could?
If I could go back and change the past,
Be a little braver than I had,
And bet against the odds,
Would I still be lost?"

Cam couldn't help but hold the stare he had on the side of an oblivious Nini's face. He'd always adored her singing. No one else had taken enough time to appreciate it.

"Even if I woke up in my dreams,
Would there still be something I'm missing?
If I had everything,
Would it mean anything?
To me?"

Ashlyn looked up and saw Cam standing a few feet away, his jaw gaped and his eyes blown wide with admiration. Nini noticed her faraway gaze and turned, her face dropping when she saw who was watching her. Cam felt his heart jump at her expression, and he had to shake his head to remind himself why he was there in the first place.

"Oh, uh," he cleared his throat, "w-we're back downstairs."

"We're back what?" mumbled Nini, almost incoherently. Cam tilted his head at her.

"In the bomb shelter." he reiterated. "Miss Jenn wants us back."

+

"Here it is, people." gushed Miss Jenn happily as she opened a cardboard box to reveal a very old 2000s cell phone. Cam winced.

"Is that a garage door opener?" Seb asked curiously, leaning towards her.