"Commander, b-but you're wounded! You need to heal and rest yourself."

"And I will, but as your commander," He takes a strand of hair in his hand, rubbing it in his grip. Finlay blushes at the comfort gesture but does her best to swallow her saliva and tighten her jaw for a serious composure. "..I look after my people first. Finlay, you and the others have done so much. I'll put Malenia to bed. So, please, rest."

She takes in a breath, staring at him. "Well, a-are you sure?" Already, he was walking away with his love in hand. Before he walks into their quarters, he spuns a heel and gives a reassuring smile. A weak one, but still, a truthful one.

"That's an order."

They watched him go and when they exchanged wary looks, they realized how foolish it is to stay sitting on the marble tile. The soldiers help one another before returning to their enormous quarters.

His heels echo against the floor and he lovingly looks at Malenia. He stops for a brief moment to rub his cheek against hers,

"We're here, Malenia. Safe and sound. No one will come and hurt you. Not ever," He whispered before pressing a kiss on her chapped lips.

He remembered it so well. Somehow, his anger initiated his true transformation. Of course, he could not blame himself for that. His blood boiled at the sight of Malenia, lying still on a table like a lab rat in the middle of the torture room. He recalled crying out to her, his throat raw and tears nearly blurring his eyes and as he tried to get close, the tight chains around neck and arms pulled him back each time.

Godrick said she'd make him stronger. She wouldn't be disgraced and turned into a grand scion. Oh no, he said it would be pointless. He craved power and with her at his disposal, he could be unstoppable.

He wanted Remus to watch. Watch him break his love apart. The mad man was a bit upset that she could not react or watch her own pain but for Remus to watch, it could be rewarding.

And before he could even lay a finger on her, it happened. The glow around his and suddenly, suddenly..

He shook his head. No, not he has to stop thinking about it. After everything, he remembered flying away from Limgrave. From all the madness, to finally get here.

He kicks her door open and he's greeted by the soft chimes of bells strung above her flower bed. Her walls are painted by drawings Miquella created with the skill of a paint brush. It was his whole canvas and for the most part, it was a bright baby blue with a painted sun. A kingdom with a drawn Miquella. Smiling with bloom on his cheeks, his hands raised up. Behind him would be a golden road, leading to what seems to be a grand wedding. A wedding with Remus, in his white, consort robes with Malenia adorned with a wedding dress. White with flowers decorated around her shoulders. She looked displeased while Remus looked awfully happy. He smiles at that. Malenia was quite the grump before and Miquella made sure to put it, even in his own paintings.

He laid Malenia onto her bed, pulling the thick sheets over her chest. She breathed softly but her eyes remained tight shut. He smoothed a hand over her forehead, watching over her for a brief minute. He worried for her. What if she never wakes up?

The Battle of Radahn ended with a devastating blow. When Remus swooped into the aftermath of the nuclear scarlet rot, he found Malenia unconscious, lying on the floor with his soldiers surrounding her. It irked him as they touched her with their disgusting hands and so with his falchion, he dove down and cut all of their heads in one swoop. He landed on his feet with their blood staining his face. He looks at their corpses menacingly for a moment before his face softens, realizing Malenia was still there.