Sweater Weather

A/N: hi guys, it's Olivia! I know it's been forever but I just feel like I can't write a thing even though I desperately want to finish everlasting and share it with you. I'm sorry for going mia but I promise I'm not gone, I'm just lurking in the shadows...

I wrote this in like, half an hour so sorry for if it's not the usual from me but I wanted to post something to commemorate today, it's my birthday! It's really short, not even 1K I think but I hope you like it <3 just a small slice of life, a fluffy escapade. I didn't have any idea of which universe it is so it's upto you to imagine if it's an au or idolverse.

Inspired from the same titled The Neighbourhood song, here is the shortest thing I've ever written!

☆☆☆

The chill of the dusk made her shiver. Her fit wasn't suited for it but in her defence, she didn't think they'd be staying this long in a place this far away from home. She has thought it'd be a small trip, a getaway from the hectic and draining life of theirs. They could never find some alone time – or at least not one as long as they desired even though they just wanted one whole day to themselves. So when he had found this little beach in a rather secluded town, she had jumped into the car with him without a second thought.

Now she was standing at the beach, her bare foot buried in the warm sand, her arms wrapped around herself for as much protection from the chilly air as she could, she was watching the sun slowly disappear down the horizon.

She felt a pair of arms circling her body and a smile settled onto her lips automatically. She leant back against his chest, wide enough for her whole body to fit, swallowed by his tightening arms.

"I got the hut for the night," he murmured, tucking his face into her neck. She tilted her head to make room for him.

"Won't it be cold?"

"I'll warm us both," he replied in a teasing voice. 

Involuntary, she giggled, "You better do, Jeon Jungkook."

"It'll be my pleasure, Lalisa."

With another giggle, Lisa turned around and looped her arms around his neck. Fingers starting to play with the short hairs on his nape, she smiled sweetly.

"Now I have expectations."

Jungkook smiled back as sweetly, "When have I disappointed?"

"Well," Lisa looked up thoughtfully, "there was this time that we went to Finland and you wanted to stay the night in an igloo–"

He glared, "It was for the full experience–"

"And then when we were in that weird hotel in Jeju–"

"It was Taehyung hyung who made the reservations!" Jungkook whined this time, offended.

Biting back her laugh, Lisa laced her fingers, resting them on his warm skin, "And then–"

"Lisa!!"

To that, Lisa couldn't hold back her laughter. Rising to her tiptoes, she placed a chaste kiss on his pouty lips.

"I'm just joking you big baby," she grinned. Then, in a softer tone, "You never disappoint in things that matter."

Knowing it would compensate for her teasing, she snuggled into his embrace, meeting instant reciprocation in the form of a tighter hug.

"You're lucky I love you so much."

Closing her eyes, she smiled, "I know."

When a breeze from the sea reached them, she shivered again. Jungkook held her even tighter and started to rub her body for warmth.

"Even though I adore you in these shorts, maybe you should've worn something thicker baby," he commented, hand sliding down her hips to her bare legs.

She was just wearing a pair of high–waisted denim shorts that she knew he liked to see her in. Jungkook had a thing for high–waisted denim shorts and oversized shirts on Lisa, which was the reason why they were using Jungkook's wardrobe together.

Lisa wiggled her toes in the sand and pouted, her hands sliding down to his chest when she pulled away a little.

"And here I was wanting to look pretty for you in your favourite fit…"

Sneaking in fast, Jungkook kissed her neck, "You are my favourite fit. I just don't want you to get sick. It's cold for you here."

"You're gonna warm me, remember?" Lisa smiled, inching closer to bump her toes to his that were also buried in the sand.

His eyes shone with mirth and lips parted with a grin, "Let's get to work then."

And he bent down to sweep Lisa off of her feet bridal style, causing her to let out a shrill scream that bled into laughter, warm sand falling down her feet as she kicked the air.

"Jungkook!"

Jostling her in his arms to get a better grip, Jungkook laughed back, "What? Gotta make sure you're in before the real cold starts."

Feeling giddy, Lisa leant in to nose along the sharp jut of his jawline, "Well then take me to bed and warm me all night, Mister."

Jungkook stopped on his track, right at the very top of the small three step stairs, maybe two steps shy of the front door.

"I was gonna carry you inside but–"

He stood her on the ground abruptly with a yelp from Lisa and cupped her face, meeting her lips in an urgent kiss.

"– I don't think I can wait."

He finished the sentence in between the kisses as he walked her backwards into the one–room hut, slipping his tongue in for a deeper, wetter, and hungrier kiss. All the laughter from Lisa disappeared in his kisses, holding onto his arms as she stumbled.

Once they were in the dimly lit room, Jungkook kicked the door shut to start their very long and very warm night despite the howling wind and the approaching midnight.

☆ the end ☆