In a single moment

Start from the beginning

Friends act differently around each other than other people. Aaron was generous, clever, confident, sexy.

The bedroom door creaked while you were in the middle of changing. You saw Aaron take a step into the room, "Can you give me a minute please."

Just as quick the door clicked shut and his voice vibrated from the other side. "Sure I uh-- I got pancakes if you're hungry."

"Thank you." You said while tugging on his sweatpants. Jesus. You honestly kind of loved the way you looked in his clothes.

You opened the door and slowly made your way through the hallway. He was standing at the kitchen island with the styrofoam containers both flipped open. Before taking a seat you watched him prepare your drink. Opening the lid and pouring in three sugars into the black coffee.

"Hey", he said softly. "Come on" He took a seat on the stool and you followed.

"Smells really good, thank you." You took a bite.

"Don't worry about it, I always get you breakfast."

"I know-- but this time it's different." Your words were barely audible but he heard them clearly. The rest of the meal was done in silence. He cleaned in silence and you watched.

You didn't notice when he returned to his seat with his hands on the counter. "We should talk about this shouldn't we."

You focused on his hands. Tracing the thick viens to his forearms, neck, the side of his face. You saw his breathing shutter and his fast heartbeat.

Your hands settled in your lap, "I'm scared." You whispered. It seemed to get his attention, instead of looking forward he was set on you.

He followed where your eyes went and he furrowed his brows. "I know."

"What did we do Aaron? We had a good thing going. I didn’t think that was ever going to happen." You pushed a frustrated hand through your hair. "You were my best friend and I don't know where we stand anymore." A tear trickled it's way down your cheek. Every second he was quiet it made your heart beat faster. This is it

"How would you feel about us?" Aaron spoke as softly as he could.

"I don--" He grabbed your palms and rested them in his. "How would we even manage something this. It's huge, you know I don't do well with this kind of thing. I really don't wanna lose you and they always leave." Tears flowed down your skin, eventually getting the salty taste on your tongue.

Your eyes fluttered shut when you felt the heat of his palm return to your face, like the way he held you just hours ago. His thumb wiped away your tears, "Look at me."

His pupils were slowly expanding with every moment, "What makes you think I would leave. I already know everything about you and I'm still here. You're still as beautiful to me as the day we met."

Your lip pouted and you couldn't control your legs while they wrapped around his waist. There was nothing sexual in the way his hands held the lower part of your body to keep you up. With your face buried into his neck a hand held the back of your head.

He spoke again, "There's no way in hell I'm going anywhere without you... and that's really just a vacation." Broken laughs vibrated on his skin. It the first time he's make you laugh since everything changed. "Can you look at me."

You don't know what he saw in you only that it was something gorgeous. At the moment you couldn't have looked your best. Your eyes burned and your eyelids hung low with the exhaustion crying brought. You had to keep sniffing and every time you did it made his lips tug into a smile.

Aarons fingers brushed away the tear soaked hair on your face, "You're amazing to me y/n. So now I ask, can we give this a try?"

"Maybe." You sadly smiled. If you had figured out at least some of your feeling you could've avoided this whole thing. You wouldn't be crying in his lap feeling embarrassed.

"Can I kiss you?" His hand stilled at the nape of your neck.

"Yes", your voice was small and you watched till both your eyes fluttered shut and your lips met. Last night the kisses were passionate but now it was slow and delicate. You could feel his stubble and the taste of him that seeped through the kiss. It was nothing crazy but your mind ran with it. 

When he pulled away to make sure you were alright your hand took his cheek and you kissed him. Not holding back anything this time. His words from before made you comfortable and confident he meant it.

In response to the soft moan you released his grip tightened on your neck.

"Are you sure?", you said.

His dimples appeared again, "I thought we already covered this."

"I know I'm just-" Aaron cut you off.

"Just making sure, I know sweetheart." Your cheeks heated and he brushed the hair away again. You knew from then on that this was something you wanted to take a chance with. It wasn’t mean to happen but even you and Aaron can’t control everything