Chapter 49: Bargaining

Start from the beginning

Obi Wan grinned to himself, almost not believing that the woman who was now nuzzling his neck was also the one that could burn cities to the ground if she'd wanted to. His hand ventured to the side of her face, thumb placed under her jaw, and directed her gaze back his way. "Just make sure you disable the shield first and distract them later, all right?"

Her eyes seemed heavy with sleep as she smiled up at him, both her hands sprawled over his chest. That gaze, the way she looked up at him, it had a shiver running up his spine and his fingers itching with the urge to venture to places he shouldn't be thinking about at that moment. "Yes, Master."

"Force, -" He cursed and chuckled lowly, tipping her head back so he'd have easier access to her mouth. "I said, distract later." Still, he couldn't help himself from bowing down and claiming her lips for his own, tongue gently tracing her bottom lip before she'd let him inside. She groaned softly against his mouth and pressed herself tighter against him, her hands roving over the planes of his chest as she tipped her head to the side.

His mind was getting foggier by the minute, his frustration with the layers of armour she wore growing. The need spiked when she gently bit at his bottom lip. "Blast, Lyanna, -" He swore as his grip on her hips tightened and his breath grew heavier.

"Sorry, love." She chuckled against his lips and withdrew. "Couldn't help myself."

He shot her a playful glare before he managed to right himself. "So, -" He gave her another pointed look as he took a step back. "When the shield is down, I'll be able to reach Anakin. We'll rendezvous at the edge of the city, the place we discussed, and wait for him to get us. You'll have to wreak enough havoc to make sure they don't have the time to search for us and find an opening to disappear. I'll recommend blowing up this building right here, where there are no civilians, but enough flammable supplies to, -"

Her green eyes followed his figure as he paced around the room, his eyes focussed on the map that was splayed on the table. His fingers were gently stroking his beard in thought as he talked, his chest rising and falling in a calm rhythm. Even the force around him felt focussed and sure. The queen chuckled softly to herself, realizing he had fallen straight back into his jedi routine without himself even realizing. His wounds were still healing and his body was far from recovered. Still, she admired him, the way that cold determination was clear in his voice as he talked.

"- Lyanna!" She jumped slightly, adjusting her gaze until she was looking right into those blue orbs again. Judging by his tone, he'd probably been calling her name a few times now.

"Yes?" A hesitant smile appeared.

Obi Wan scoffed and crossed his arms before his chest. "Were you listening to a word I just said?"

"You lost me at the part where you were telling me how to do my job." She lifted one eyebrow mockingly and walked towards him, where she adjusted his collar and patted away the crinkles. "I'm an expert at wreaking havoc, my dear jedi." She lifted her gaze to his and looked at him through lowered lashes. She'd even dropped her voice do a low, tempting one, at which he drew in a deep breath. "As you well know."

"Princess, -"

"I know, I know. Distract later." She drew back a few of the inches she'd unconsciously neared. He could only smile down at her and lifted his fingers, letting them draw through her silken hair until they settled against the side of her neck.

"It's time." He whispered as his eyes narrowed. "Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." She stood up on her toes and reached up, briefly touching their lips together before she quickly pulled away, as if she was scared she wouldn't be able to let go if she'd remained a moment longer. With a deep sigh she strode towards the ladder, looking back over her shoulder. "Be careful with that wound, I'm not looking forward to stitching you up again."