Warm Up

Vote. Comment.

I woke up in my bed and rubbed my head thinking about last night. Bou I swear that was crazy! I look over to my side and see that he's gone. I get up and go into my bathroom getting ready for a nice shower. I let the water just run down my body as flash-backs kept popping up in my head over and over. I finally just forgot about it and washed myself.

When I got downstairs, my eyes landed on my mother. "Shi-" I almost say aloud. "She tell you?" I say changing my tone. My mom looked up and shook her head. "What's up suga?" She asked. I bent down kissing her head and sat down with her at the table. "So, last night me and the boys took a ride and J. fell asleep. So i got this crazy idea to scare the crap out of him." I say. She nods telling me she understands. "So, i scare him and he hops screaming and shi-... She.. I mean he uh, went and told grandmama so i was shitty the whole night." I explained to her.

"Really? Well, everyone just went out for breakfast but I didn't want to go nobody told me nothing. I agree with J. though what you was probably funny but stop teasing your brother like that boy."she said hitting me in my arm laughing. I smiled. "All right. I'll try but you know I'm the big brother and I gotta do something to piss him off every now and then." I say cracking a smile.

"All right and the first time he pop you in yo'mouth don't get mad."She says. I hugged her, "I love you momma." She kissed my cheek, hugging me back and said,"I love you too pumpkin." I sat back down in my chair. "You hungry? I can whip up some things." I rub my hands together. She nodded."I want some bacon, eggs scrambled with cheese, waffles, sausage..." Her list continued as I pulled what was needed out and prepared breakfast.

|August|Auggy/ Aug.

"So why you don't like me?" I ask Sean's grandma.

She laughed and patted my shoulder "I never said I didn't like you. I just don't like the way you act around your elders. Maybe if you spoke every once in a while we would be cool." She spoke. Her words made since. I smiled. "Well can we start over? Cause i feel that you was rude to me big G." I say to her. She nods and turned around, walking away.

I thought we was starting over?

I walked up to her and tapped her she turned around looking amazing and shit. "Oh hello! I'm Sherell but you can call me granny suga." She said. My eyes widened and I held my laughter in. "Um, nice to meet you. I'm August and is it cool if I call you Big G.?"

"Sure sweety." She hugged me and kissed my cheek.

Turns out, Big G. Is a sweet ol lady. She has a big, warm, sweet heart and is fried! She just don't stand disobedience. She has no tolerance for it however, if you change your ways, she'll forgive you and give you another chance. She reminds me of my mother.

I look down at my plate, full of food from Sean's mom. She made us lunch. They eat big all the time.
I had also got to meet Sean's mom, she was cool as well. They're an organized family. They got home training but J. And Sean got bipolar disorder. I found that out the first day I was here. They dad was really never around. Either that or he was dead. Sean didn't talk about it.

"August!!" Sean yelled at me. I look at him lost. "Wassup?"
"Are you gone eat?" He asked me. I nodded picking up my fork. This taco salad was looking flame asf. I was always one to eat my food weird. Everyone laughed I wondered why. Then I looked down and a smirk appeared. "Don't laugh at me. " I put my fork down and grabbed a chip full of lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and meat and stuffed it into my mouth. The flavor exploded in my mouth & I thought I was in heaven for a minute.

"Damn ma you can get down." I say. "Ooooh!" J. Said in more of an instigating way. "Oh my bad ma."
She laughed, shaking it off.

Once i got swttled onto their house hold, i dixided to visit my mom and grow some balls to apoligize. She hugged me like she thought I had died. I cried because i just up and left my mom like that. I felt stupid and broke down. My mom was there to comfort me and i stayed with her for the rest of the day but i told her i would be moving in with Sean after next month. Sean had just turned 18 and was a certified adult, something else was official to.

Just as I thought my life was going smooth, something terrible happened. It killed my whole future I couldn't focus in school anymore and with just one more year of school, I dropped out after hearing that G. had got killed.

He was one of my day one Niggas. We been trough hell and back then back to hell again together. To know that he got killed in these streets was depressing but I didn't show that it hurt. I continued to be as strong as possible and take on one day at a time.

Vote. Comment.