Prologue

THIRD PERSON POV

"If it's a girl--Ann. If it's a boy--Ace. Those are the names he picked." A single tear escaped the young woman as she cradled her two babies tight. "Garp-san, please protect them.." she continued on, exhausion clear in her voice.

TIMESKIP 8 YEARS LATER

The two children strolled in the alleys until they reached a bar, entering all attention turned to the brunettes. "Huh? what are kids doing here! Go back to your parents!" A few grunts shouted at them to get lost before the girl spoke up, "hey we wanna ask a question.." it was the boy next to her that spoke up next, "Do you know Gold Roger?" *BAM* the drunk slammed his mug down "Roger? Don't say such disgusting names, kid. You'll spoil my drink. Get lost" *WHAM* "HEY!WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DAMN BRAT!?" *CLASH* *BANG* "Oi, Ace let's just get outta her already.." the girl finally said, dragging Ace away from all the ruckus.

They ran back to Mt Corvo and got their wounds treated. "ACE! ANN! HOW MANY TIMES MUST WE TELL YOU TO STOP CAUSING TROUBLE!" A curly haired woman complained. The two just turned a deaf ear and went to the edge of the mountain sitting down together, and staring off into the sky.

"Hey, brats! Looks like you've been causing a lot of trouble lately." An old man sat on one of the slopes behind them. "Gramps you have a grandson right? Does he seem happy to you?" Ace asked in an almost whispering voice. "Ah you mean Luffy? I'm raising him well." "Garp-san" "Hmm what is it Ann?" "If the world hates our blood then why do we exist? Is it okay for us to live?" Ann questioned she and her twin's existence, why did they live, why did everyone hate their father? Where was their mother? Why were they all alone in this world? "Well, you..." He paused, "As long as you're alive, you'll figure it out eventually.."

-------------------------------------------------------------A/N
God who knew writing was so hard... Especially in 3rd person I can't think of a way to phrase it properly so that it fits the story. But oh well, we'll see how it goes! DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ONE PIECE OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS, I ONLY OWN MY OC AND THIS STORY!! ONE PIECE BELONGS TO THE GREAT ECHIIRO ODA