Hate Derek

I walked into the room and immediately the deadly silence that could kill more than just the likes of me. My eyes flitted though the room seeing everyone at once. Katty in the middle of a make out session with Lee, they quickly broke apart. The new girl talking to Sonia, the new girl needed to get a better taste in friends.

 Two jocks, John and Will started walking my way. John's hand shot out at me. Unsure of what he was going to do I quickly blocked his hand with my arm he, being his idiotic self tried to reach around my arm intent on doing something. The bell rang just then and Mrs. Kelly, the teacher, opened the door.

"Hey, no inappropriate touching in my classroom boys! You know the rules!" she said smacking John's hand away from me with a ruler.

"FREAK!" John muttered as Will laughed.

I rolled my eyes taking my usual seat in the back of the classroom. I didn't need to get kicked out of school again.

"Ok today we are going to start our planet project. You will be partnering up for the project and like always I am picking!" Mrs. Kelly said taking her seat and looking down at a piece of white paper that most likely held the names of the groups.

 "Group Earth will be John and Will so you can fail on a plant that you live on with out dragging anyone else down with you. Group Mars will be Katty and Sonia. Group Saturn will be Lee and Lily." I zoned out. "Group Pluto will be Derek and Angel. Don't worry Angel you may have gotten the hardest planet but you also have the best partner." She said shuffling through paper's on her desk.

I rolled my eyes, best partner, yeah right! I'm sure I'll just come away from this expirance with another enemie!

"That's gonna suck, sorry girl. But at least you'll get a good grade." I heard Sonia whisper to her.

"OK, now you can get into your groups. I'll pass out your papers and stuff." Said Mrs. Kelly.

I didn't move she would come to me or complain to the teacher. But I wasn't going to go to her. She slid down into the empty seat beside me a few seconds later. She was really pretty for an average girl in high school. She wasn't wearing a low cut shirt that she never bothered to pull up like most the girls in this school did or jeans so tight that it took her 30 minutes to actually get them on. She wore a black Paramore shirt that's neckline when no where near her breasts and light faded blue jeans that fit easily on her thin legs.

She had dazzling blue eyes and long blond hair. And being the amazing observer that I am, I quickly noticed the bruise she was trying to cover on her cheek. She had caked on makeup trying to cover it up but I could still see the purple tint of her skin. I had a odd feeling that the bruise wasn't from some stupid accident. Our eyes met as I looked up from my desk. Her mouth made an oh shape as she stared directly into my red ones. I had gotten quite a lot of jokes for having red eyes, but whatever.

"Your eyes." She said gasping as she trailed her thumb arcoss my cheek bone.

I brought my thumb to my lips licking it. Then I slowly and gently as possible moved my thumb across her cheek picking up her makeup and revealing, just as I though, a dark purple bruise on her face. Her eyes shut as she blushed, she didn't want anyone to see the bruise. It was the last hour of school so no one else would really see unless she had to ride the bus home.

"I didn't want anyone to see that."

"I'm sorry, but no one will really see it. Its the last hour of the day." My voice seemed to startle her like she didn't expect me to speak.

"I have to ride the bus."

"Come home with me then we have a project to work on after all. Unless, that is, you think I'm scary!" I said laughing. She rolled her eyes at me as the bell rang. We picked up our stuff and were the last to leave the classroom.

"So are you coming or taking the bus." I asked her preparing for a "The bus is fine.".

"I'll go with you we have to finish the project anyway so..." She blushed again. I was making her blush well that was a first.

We walked out to my car in silence. My car was shiny and black and that was all I knew about it, I didn't know the model or the make or anything about it really other than it was mine. My parents were pretty wealthy, my dad was a lawyer and my mother was a Sergent which left me on my own most of the time. I didn't mind though, I liked my privacy.

 I opened the passangers door for Angel. She jumped in buckling up. Walking around to the drivers door I got a few stares. One thing I never did, project partner or not, was let anyone come over to my house. No one other than my parents friends and family had ever been invited over to my house. My car growled as I started it up pulling out of the parking spot and leaving the stares behind me.

"So..." Angel said trying to start up a conversation.

"So..." I said smiling.

She crossed her arms looking over at me. I laughed, she was funny.

We got to my house quickly it was within walking distance of the school but no one lived near it. I pulled the car in to the long drive that took us to a huge mansion surrounded by a gate. I pulled up to the gate as Angel looked at my house in awe. I laughed again as I rolled down the window. To talk into the voice thingy.

"Hey, Kason! Wake up it's Derek."

"How did you know I was napping?" asked Kason on the other end as the gate opened.

I didn't even bother answering. I drove the car through the gate parking in the garage next to my mothers Porsche. Of course the one time my mother was home had to be when I brought Angel. I got out of the car walking around to open the passengers door for Angel, taking her hand in mine as she got out. She blushed again but didn't pull her hand away. I was still holding it as we walked into the kitchen from the garage. My mother was at the oven watching it count down from 12.

"Oh no! What are you burning now!" I moaned.

My mothers face spun to look at me, she was always so jumpy when she was alone. Her black hair was done up in curls that she had most likely spent hours doing and her green eyes went looked straight into my red ones. I put both my hands up though I still held Angels hand in my right hand.

"Oh sorry! No I'm not cooking this!" She said like she was scared of what would happen if she was cooking it though I was to. "Mary Jay is making it. I'm watching the time so I can take it out when its... Who is she?"

"This is Angel." I said dragging Angel away to the living room.

"You brang someone home!" She said jumping on me with a hug and kissing my cheek.

"Yuck, and its brought not brang."

"Whatever you geek."

"And Angel is my partner for a science project."

"Yes, I'm sure it was your assignment to hold her hand."

Both Angle and I blushed at that.

"Whatever mom, I got to go study." I mutter pulling Angel away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment vote and fan! If you comment I will try when I have time to read your story to soo... Please!

And please if you have time check out Tears of Pride!