14

!! tw: mention of drugs, alcohol, & crime !!

a/n: this chapter is a complete plot twist bc i saw a tiktok, and my friends birthday is in 1hr and 17min and i still cant get insta to connect, and im getting anxiety

the next day you woke up, and got out of bed, having to unwrap harry's arms from around you. you made many attempts at waking him up, but he didnt wake.

so, instead of trying on to wake him, you dressed yourself for school, and did the rest of your morning routine.

this morning was a little different, and feeling as the vibe was off, you took a default, and decided to go to downtown herne bay (its a place in the u.k, and also where the show was filmed). 

after your ride on the bus, you got off at a record shop.

you went inside, not exactly sure what you were looking for.

you rounded a corner, and found yourself face-to-face with someone you would never hope to see: ben hope.

"y/n y/l/n, what are you doing here? a girl like you never skips class." he said, smiling.

"i could ask the same thing about you, ben hope." you shoot back.

"the vibe was off today." he replied.

you were a bit thrown off by his comment, because it was your reason for skipping as well.

"would you like to hang out with me today then?" he asked.

you hesitated for a minute, thinking of what he did to charlie, but thinking about how you have no one else to see today.

"i guess." you finally reply.

he smiles again. "great."

--------------

you and ben left the record shop, and he led you to a gas station right next door. 

"you can either do this with me or not." he said, then rethinking it, he said "actually your doing this with me."

you were confused, and ben could tell.

"look, all you have to do is distract the cashier with your charm and good looks while i sneak behind the counter and get some shit. got it?"

you nodded, still taken off by the fact ben was stealing from a gas station.

you both entered the shop, after discussing the plan; ben would walk over and look at drinks for a minute while you flirted with the cashier, when the cashier was head-over-heels (which wouldnt take long) ben would sneak behind the counter and grab the weed he knew was kept there and a pack of fags.

you headed straight for the counter, and thank god it was a younger kid, maybe 18.

oh shit this is gonna be a fucking case, you thought to yourself.

"hey." you said, and smiled.

"hmm? oh... i-uh... hey." the boy said, his jaw dropping a bit when he saw you.

"do you know how many people ignore me when i talk to them? thank god for people like you." you replied. 

the boy blushed - big time.

ben watched from the coolers for the drinks, and decided to make his move. 

he silently crept over to the counter and behind the racks of fags. grabbing a few packs, and shoving them in his pockets, he crept over to the back counter and found the paper bag of weed left for him, and a couple of pipes.

after grabbing the weed and pipes, he crept back around the counter to where you were.

"oh, hey benny-boy!" you exclaimed.

"uh, who's this?" the cashier asked.

"oh, im so rude! this is my... boyfriend, ben." you say, not even thinking about harry and the million texts from him you probably have. 

"oh. yeah. should've known a girl like you would have a boyfriend." the cashier looked sad.

you and ben exited the gas station.

"y/n! that was sick! who knew you could be so convincing!" ben exclaimed.

"its just the charm." you say, smiling.

ben smiled. "well, uh... i got the shit. wanna go... like smoke or something at my house?"

"you only live once, right?" you say; again, not thinking about whats really happening.

"come on." ben grabbed your hand and took off running.

------------

you arrived at bens house, completely out of breathe.

you both ran up the stairs, and into his room, dropping your bags in a corner. 

you collapsed on his bed, and he sat next to you, taking a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, pulling out a fag, and lighting it. after he took a hit, he handed it to you, and said "in honour of y/n's amazing and hot flirting skills." you laughed, and took a hit.

you had never smoked before, but in your opinion, it was wonderful. totally toxic, but it eased the pain by adding disease. beautiful mistakes.

"want a beer?" ben asked, as you continued to smoke.

you nodded, but a bit surprised at ben's secret ways: the fags, the crime, the drugs, and now beer.

out of no where, ben handed you a beer, and you opened it, and drank some of it. 

"eases everything. beer and cigarettes." you said, and laid back on his bed.

"drugs can do that, too. when you get high, your happy, and its fun." he said, taking the paper bag out of his jacket pocket along with the pipes, and handed you one.

you took the pipe, and ben put some of the weed into your pipe, then his, lighting your pipe, then his. 

you both took a hit at the same time, and then exhaled the smoke.

"this is my new life, ben hope. marry me right now." you giggled, and he smiled.

you sat up, and turned to face him, and you were looking into eachothers eyes.

out of no where you decided to kiss him. it was a nice kiss, and you enjoyed it, and you were sure ben did too, because it turned into a small makeout session.

finally you pulled away. "i dont know where that came from." you giggled, then took a hit off your pipe, feeling the drug fill your lungs. you knew, being this new to drugs, alcohol, and fags, it wouldn't take long to get high or drunk.

"i dont know either, but it was hot." ben said, and you laughed.

you laid back on his bed again, beer in one hand, and pipe in another.

"life is boring." you say.

"yeah... but now, we have eachother." he replied.

"i never liked you before today."

"i didnt like you either. your friend with all those gay chics. plus imogene, nick, and... charlie." he said the last part quietly.

"do you still love him?" you asked, looking at him.

"what? fuck no! i would kiss tao's ass before i loved charlie again!" ben exclaimed.

you laughed. "and im not friends with imogene, and there is nothing wrong with my friends."

"whatever you say."

"theres not!" you yell. "and you were the one making out with charlie, not me!"

ben laughed.

---------------

you and ben talked for hours and hours before you fell asleep in his bed. 

----------------

a/n: now there is only 29 minutes until her birthday :( . fuck you instagram