Chapter 15: While The Sick Get Sicker

We'd spent the better part of the day napping peacefully on the couch and it only made sense since we spent the night before being night owls. It had been a good day. We woke up once twice to get food, but we were couch potatoes for a large portion of the day.

The next morning I woke up cold. I laid on my side without sheets and I blinked, my brain not completely working yet. I craned my neck to see Adisa on the other side of the bed, his back facing me.

When I woke up with him, it was the completely opposite. We'd be tangled in sheets, comforters, and limbs which wasn't something I hated. I grew used to it in the last week.

Curiosity found a home in me.

I crawled over to Adisa and pressed my hand on the skin of his arm. His skin was heated and I began to worry. Then the pungent smell of vomit hit me. I choked on my own spit for a second.

I sat straight up and looked over his broad shoulder to see his face and upper chest drenched with perspiration. The floor next to the bed was covered by a pool of vile.

My poor floor.

I slid my hand under his jaw to make sure he was alive. His pulse was slow, but it was there, that was good enough for me. An involuntary sigh of relief slid from my lips.

"Adisa." I shook him awake, making sure not to shake him too hard. If I even saw someone vomit, I'd start dry heaving and it wasn't a pretty scene.

Those warm brown eyes gradually opened and his mouth released a sharp breath. His body shivered underneath my palm.

"Are you okay? How do you feel?"

"Bad. Adisa bad." His voice was husky, low, and on any other occasion, I would be swooning, but that worried me. I placed my hand on his forehead as he whimpered.

Poor Adisa.

He was burning hotter than jet fuel.

I quickly got out of the bed, almost slipping on bile in the process. I gathered up all of the medication I could fit into my hands, a couple towels, some cleaning supplies and a bin.

I place the towels on top of the vomit, so I could take care of Adisa without the threat of slipping into vomit. That would of been a nightmare. Adisa laid on his back, eyes slightly open. My hands guided his as he sat up. Then began the flow of flu medication. I didn't give him too much of anything, because I didn't know if he was allergic to a specific drug. After he had taken my opinion of enough medicine, I got down on my hands and knees to clean up the vomit from my floors.

If that wasn't loyalty, then I don't know what loyalty is.

******************************************************************************************************************

A/N: Just a filler chappie. I've been sittin on this for like two weeks so it Was bout time I just pushed this baby out. The next chapter is gonna be way longer, I just need to get y'all an appetizer. Get ready for the main dish.
I kinda sorted myself out. I honestly don't know how to feel about this chappie. It's def not my favorite.

What would y'all say if I used a small character from this book and gave him/her their own book with a new plot?

I already planned on doing a trilogy with the other librarians ,Cosmo and Becky. (maybe Dan tooo)

Don't forget to.. Vote. Comment. Fan.

Thanks A Flillion!

KioPio

K.L.C.