'P.S: I know you forgot my number, so I wrote it here'

Jade puts his number in her phone and takes the second letter out of the basket to read it:

'I had Caleb teach me how to sew so I could fix your jersey. I knew it wouldn't be perfect, but at least it'll be wearable now'

She takes the folded jersey out of the basket and unfolds it to hold it in front of her. The once all forest green has turned into lime green, and the white letters that once spelled out her name and made up her main number are now black outlined in white.

Jade holds the jersey to her chest and begins to cry, tears dripping onto the papers. She decides to call it a night before texting him. Jade turns off the lights and gently lowers her leg from the sling onto the bed. She covers herself with the blanket and falls asleep within a few minutes.

Unknown to her, Jacob is struggling to fall asleep. He lays in his bed tossing and turning before throwing himself back and letting out a frustrated sigh.

Jacob: What the fuck is wrong with life? Why the hell is it that every time I open my fat mouth something goes wrong!?

Jacob throws off the covers and decides to go out for the night. He puts on some sweatpants, grabs a hoodie, his phone, and house keys, and texts Caleb to let him know that he's leaving. He makes it halfway down the street when he gets a text from Caleb.

'Ok. Keep your head down. There might be police out for you.'

Jacob shuts his phone off and keeps going to who knows where. He thinks about his life, which is spiraling at the moment, while Noah's celebrating finally cracking down on what Sasha's been talking about.

Ever since the incident at the firehouse, Noah's made it his life mission to crack the statement "Because trusting people gets you killed in the end". He got his hands on the files of Sasha's dad, her uncle on her mom's side, her aunt on her dad's side, and her second cousin, Nate, on her mom's side.

The only thing they all had in common was the fact that they all SAed her during her teen years. That and the fact that they were all abusive towards her. Physically, mentally, and emotionally. You name it, it's there in some way. She's also been mumbling something along the lines of "I'm...sorry...". "...didn't mean to...". "...my fault Devon's dead...". He went back to the precinct and managed to get his hands on Devon Meeker's file.

Devon was under Sasha's watch when he died after being hit by a car when he was only 11 years old. After that, Sasa's father thought it best to put her into a juvenile correctional facility to "straighten her out". After she was released, she was put into the care of her brothers. Her mom made a clean getaway to God knows where, and her father... Her father was arrested for abuse, neglect, and several other charges.

Noah's finally figured it out. Everything that's been going on with Sasha wasn't because of him, it was because of her dad. Every little thing! He jumps us from the couch and begins going through all the files trying to find where he placed the one about her dad, and when he finally finds it, he screams in triumph.

Not because he couldn't find it before, no, but because the file's been updated, so you can see where he's currently being held. But that triumphant behavior doesn't last long when a shattering sound is heard behind him.

Noah slowly turns around and sees Sasha standing there pale looking at the pictures of Devon scattered out on the table.

Noah: Uh, hey, about those... I was- It- It was- I was just-