Ashlynn's Story

Okay so I couldn't help but write a background story first.

ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

'Life sucks.' Was Ashlynn's first thought as soon as she saw her school, sticking her hands in the pockets of the black hoodie she was wearing.

Ashlynn was a normal thirteen-year-old starting 7th grade at Saint James Middle School, just like everyone else. Unfortunately for her, she was starting it in a completely different state. She was from New York City, and had to move to Los Angeles, California over the summer.

She had no acquaintances, no family (Other than her parents), and certainly no friends; though she hadn't had many to begin with. She mostly kept to herself.

The raven-haired with colored tips girl sighed, putting on her earbuds, snagging her phone from the side pocket of her bag to start her Favorites Playlist, and pulling out a small leather sketchbook from her burnt orange backpack. She grabbed a pencil from her hoodie pocket and started doodling, walking aimlessly towards the school. 'Let's get this over with.'

- - -

Ashlynn was in PE now, drawing in her sketchbook as she sat on the bleachers, not caring to pay attention as her black hair draped around her face as she examined what she'd drawn. It was a dragon mid-flight, or at least the beginnings of it since she hadn't finished yet. She smiled; dragons were her favorite animals, even if they weren't real.

"Song!  You're up!"

"Ugh." Ashlynn grumbled quietly, nodding nonetheless and setting down her sketchpad before striding over to a side of the volleyball net in the middle of the gym.

She analyzed her teammates out of the corner of her eye, trying to get a sense of their abilities. 'Lets see... that brown-poofy-haired girl looks like she could be athletic... blondie looks fierce so I think she's good... hm. That black-haired girl with a green clip is just playing on her Switch. Wonder how she gets away with that but whatever. Game's starting.'

A whistle was blown and the blond served, delivering a powerful hit to the other side of the court, leaving no time for the other team to react. 'Damn. That girl is a bit scary. Cool.'

The game continued on for a while, both teams vying for the lead until eventually they were tied and the last point would win.

The brunette served this time, and the opposing team reacted fast enough and smacked the ball back to them. The volleyball was headed straight for the girl on the floor playing on her Switch, and Ashlynn shot forward out of reflex to protect her. She jumped, managing to whack the ball back over the net, landing her team a point unintentionally.

She opened her mouth and turned to the girl on the floor to ask if she was okay, but quickly shut it when she saw the noirette hadn't even noticed the event. 'Whatever.' Ashlynn thought, starting back towards the bleachers and ignoring her teammates crowding around her.

"That was so good!"

"You were amazing!"

"That was really cool, emo girl."

"Did you just call her an emo girl-?"

"Nice job!"

More along the lines of that was said, but Ashlynn only looked to the side and huffed with annoyance. She pulled her hood up, only her orange and purple tips sticking out slightly. She didn't like attracting attention like this, and mostly wanted to be left alone. Fortunately for her, the bell rung and she instantly got to her feet, running to the locker room to grab her stuff.

By the time she had left and was already halfway to her next period, she finally realized, 'Crap. I left my sketchbook. Ugh, I'll get it after lunch.'

- - -

The next couple classes went normally -boring- but normally. The excitement of the volleyball game had fizzled out a bit, but some students still clamored to catch her attention during lunch so she would sit with them.

The girl ignored all of them, taking her tray and treading over to a small, empty four-seater table. 'There. That's better.'

A few minutes later, Ashlynn looked up from her phone to see three other people taking a seat at her table. A brunette sat next to her, and a blond & noirette sat across from her. "Blondie, Poofy and Switch from the game?" She mumbled aloud, mostly to herself, but the three others heard it and stared at her in confusion. She turned her gaze back down to her food, wishing she hadn't actually said it.

"You remember us from the game? And what's with those nicknames?" The brown-haired girl smiled, raising a brow at the girl next to her.

"What do you want?" Ashlynn asked instead, overlooking the questions.

"We just wanted to give this back. We saw you with it in the beginning of class." Blondie pulled out Ashlynn's sketchbook, handing it over to her.

"Oh. Thanks."

"I should be thanking you, by the way. Anne and Sasha told me what you did when I wasn't paying attention. So, thanks!" The black-haired girl grinned, tilting her head.

"That's right! You don't know our names! I'm Anne Boonchuy." Anne gave a small wave, "That's  Marcy Wu, and Sasha Waybright was the one who gave you your book back. What's your name?"

"Ashlynn. Ashlynn Song." The girl sighed, brushing her hair out of her face. She figured the trio wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon.

"Ashlynn, huh? Cool name, Ash." Anne put a friendly arm on Ashlynn's shoulder, the latter freezing from the unexpected contact. She let the brunette lean on her anyways, nodding her head at the compliment and not bothering to correct Anne on the nickname.

Despite a bit of reluctance on her part, the other girls managed to coax Ashlynn into chatting with them, the black-clothed girl surprisingly having a nice time, finally taking off her hoodie and tying it around her waist, which she actually wore mostly when she just wanted to be left alone. 'Maybe this won't be so bad. I do have classes with at least one of them in every one. Maybe I can make friends, for once.'

From then on throughout the year, Ashlynn was always spotted hanging out with the girls, the four of them always having fun. She smiled more than she ever had in a long time, feeling the best she ever had that year too. She even joined the Sharps (I think that's what their band was called, correct me if I'm wrong), joining as a guitarist like Sasha and Anne.

In Ashlynn's opinion, nothing could ruin her perfect year.

Nothing could go wrong, right?

---------------------------------------------

Ooooookay! And that was how Ashlynn met the Calamity Trio (But now it's a squad lol).

That's all for now!

Love yourself and others and always be kind! Byeeeeeeee!

-Jinx