What if... Colle never left?

This will take place at the time of the Steve Legends Finale. In this alternate timeline, Colle still gave up the crystals to their respected colors, and he told the others that the Red Steves were extinct. Everything is the same, only difference is Colle never went through Alex's portal.

After all the leaders had left the meeting room, Colle was left alone with his thoughts. He defeated Void. He threw his heart in a volcano, and banished what he could to keep the Demon Steves from rising again. With the Obsidian Citadel gone and the Obsidian Steves destroyed, there would be nothing to at least hold the line while help arrives. Colle sighed. Who was he kidding? There was no way anyone could stop the Demon Steves again. That was a hard and long battle. So many people were lost... gave their lives... were destroyed... just thinking about it gave Colle shivers down his spine. He held back tears. He hated thinking about that day. He came out of the meeting room and knew what he had to do.

Colle teleported to the new red kingdom. Tents had been set up. He wandered until he found the Red Leader.

"Red leader!" Colle called.

The Red Leader looked around. "Oh, Colle," he said, "you're back rather quickly. Everything alright?"

Colle nodded. "Everything is fine. I just... here." He hands the red crystal to the leader.
"You need to hold onto this. Please."

"Colle I-" The red leader was cut off.

"Just hold onto it, ok?! I can't! It belongs to you, not me. I can't be here. Look, I told everyone that we went extinct. But I can't stay."

The red leader was confused. "Why can't you stay?" He asked.

"I can't. It's not safe for me to stay anywhere."

The red leader could only nod.

After a moment of awkward silence, Colle spoke up.

"Tell goggles I say hi... and I'm sorry I can't stay. Please, just tell him that."

"I... I will. Promise."

"Thank you. I hope to see you again... if there is an again for me..." Colle's voice trailed off. He knew there wasn't an "again" for him. Not after the deal he made with Origin to save the world. There would never be an "again" for him. Never.

After a minute or two of chatting, Colle said his final goodbye. As he was about to leave, Spark called out to Colle. He turned around.

"Colle! Where are you off to?" Spark asked.

"Oh just... away. I need time to myself, ya'know?"

"Yeah I can understand. But I just wanted to let you know... you were an inspiration to me. And I wanna be like you one day!"

Colle Laughed.

"Keep working hard and maybe you will. For now, build up the Elites again. Make them strong and fierce."

"Sir yes sir! I'll do my best!" Spark said as he saluted Colle. Colle did the same.

"Well... I'd best be off." Colle said, "there's places out there to explore." He turned to Spark. "I don't like goodbyes... so... how about see you later?"

"Yeah... see you later." Spark agreed.

Skipping to When Sabre Appeared...

Sabre was walking with the red Steve from the beginning of the series, both unaware they were being followed. Colle had changed completely. Thanks to The Heart of Genisis, Colle didn't age much if at all. He followed Sabre from when he first appeared, all the way to the end, working things from behind the scenes. He maybe talked to Sabre once or twice, but nothing beyond that. Colle was following Sabre, and Sabre apparently felt his presence.

"Who are you?! Why are you following me?! What do you want with me?!" Sabre demanded.

Colle hopped down from the tree he was on.

"Only following you for protection," Colle said, "nothing more, nothing less."

"And what would I need protected from?!"

"A threat more greater than you could imagine. A threat said to be neutralized ages ago. A threat said to be extinct."

"And what would you know?! Huh?!"

Colle sighed. He removed his hood and mask, leaving Sabre in shock.

"Because I'm the one who neutralized him. I am the second hero."

Sabre couldn't say a word. The second hero?! How?! He had so many questions... but so little time.

"Introductions are in order, I suppose. Im Colle. A red Steve. And you're Sabre, I know that. We've talked briefly once before."

"Y-yeah w-we did..." Sabre was still in shock.

Colle only laughed. "I have a lot to explain, don't I? Well, sit down. It's quite the story."

And so, Colle told the whole story to Sabre, answering what questions he could. But before Sabre could ask how he defeated Void, Orange Steve called for Sabre, causing Colle to get up and bolt. Sabre never saw him again, but he knew he was close. But only until Orange Steve became the hero. Colle decided it was finally time to settle. He found a nice spot where he lived til the end of time. He wrote books about his adventures and finds, so he could never forget those he met along the way.

I know some of the dialogue exchanged at the beginning isn't accurate, but neither is this timeline sooooooo whatever. Remember, this is just what I think would happen. And with that, we have reached then end of this chapter in time. Feel free to leave suggestions and helpful criticism. I'd love to read it, and maybe one of your suggestions will be featured in this book! Have a lovely day or night or afternoon!