"It's OK, the frequency is coming into audible levels." Moblit explained. The rods started sending off a high pitch sound. This went on for a long time. The pitch increasing every few minutes. Finally, after what felt like hours, the frequency went above what the human ear could hear. In the distance they heard dogs whining and begin to bark.

"Wait, what's that?" Armin pointed. Off center a few feet a light began to appear.

"Hold it there!" Hange cried. Moblit spun some dials. The two rushed forward.

The light grew brighter as the rods vibrated faster. They could see lines appearing in the light.

"Oh, no is that a spinal cord?" Armin made a gagging sound.

"Please tell me we are not going to have to watch him materialize from the inside out." Levi hissed

"Maybe." Hange said sounding way more interested then disturbed. As the rods vibrated all around, they saw a red color coming into the glow.

"I'm going to be sick." Eren tried looking away, but his eyes were drawn back to the light as it flashed and flickered. Slowly a body began to appear. Legs and arms, a head torso it came into focus. A teen wearing jeans, a white shirt and brown jacket laid on the ground.

The body was on its stomach. One leg out stretched the other curled up into its chest. The hands were above his head as he laid unconscious. Soft ash blond hair settled over his face.

"FURLAN!" Levi yelled the mans name. There was a groaning sound. Moblit rushed back to the device.

"Stay where you are. NOBODY MOVE!" Hange yelled. Everyone waited. Furlan made more noises of a person slowly waking up. The rods stopped vibrating. The hum in the air went away. Levi glanced at Moblit.

"You're good." He said. Levi rushed forward. He knelt down beside the lanky teen.

"Furl, hey, you good?" he asked. Shaking his shoulder. The light grey eyes blinked at him.

"Here, some water." Isabel held out the bottle. Levi helped Furlan sit up. The pale hands shook as the newcomer reached for the water.

"Thanks Izzy." He muttered. He tried to twist the cap off, but his body felt weak. Levi took the bottle opening it for him. Furlan sipped the water. He looked around.

"Uh, what happened to my lab? Who are these people?" He asked.

"I'm Zoe Hange. What is the last thing you remember?" She asked Stepping forward. Furlan scratched his head.

"Well, it's weird, but I remember floating. Like through the woods and stuff. Like no one could see me. No one would talk to me. Then I felt this pulling sensation." He blinked.

"Something went wrong with the potion didn't it?" he asked Levi.

"Yeah, it fucking exploded. I told you to wait for me!" He snarled.

"Well, I knew it would be volatile. I didn't want you caught up if I messed it up." Furlan snickered. "Guess thats what happened." He chuckled. "But I couldn't have been out for long, your still a shrimp." He laughed.

"Fuck you." Levi pushed himself up to his feet.

"Awe, don't be like that Lev! Come on, help me up." He held his hand out. Levi glared at him. Furlan smiled upwards. Levi tsked and reached his hand out. He pulled the taller man to his feet. Furlan sagged against him.

"I heard what you and Isabel said in the woods. It's ok." He whispered in Levi's ear. Levi jerked as Furlan's arms tightened over him.

"We were always opposites. I still want to be your friend though." He pulled back his legs shaking as they tried to take his weight.