The Kensingtons

My eyes fluttered open to see a small room with one bed and a mirror in the corner.  An eerie light cast from the one large window.  I noticed I was now wearing an over-sized tee shirt and my undergarments.  I immediately began to panic.  I should have known though.  The devious smile, the wanting to put me to sleep.

"I see you've woken."  The deep voice of the man said.  He stepped into the room, silently closing the door behind him.  I noticed he had cleaned up incredibly well.  His hair was combed back and conditioned deeply.  He wore a pair of slick black dress pants and a button-up rolled-up sleeve shirt.

"What have you done!"  I bellowed, pulling the sheets from my bed and covered myself.

The man laughed.

"Nice to meet you, I'm James Kensington."  He said it so politely I began raged that he wasn't answering.

"Answer me!"  I said gravely.  "I have a right to know!"

"I didn't do a thing my dear.  I am 45, have 7 kids and a wife.  The clothes were old pajamas my daughter used to wear."  He said softly.

I bit my lip, I didn't believe him one bit, but I knew I would have to.  He owned me anyways.

"Listen, let me get you some better clothes so you can meet the family."  He said then left me alone in the dusty room.

I let a few tears escape, dabbing them with my sheet then re-making the bed neatly.  By that time, Mr. Kensington had returned with a pair of denim shorts, converse and pale blue and white tank top.

"It's quite hot out, I don't think An will mind if I borrow her summer clothes."  Mr. Kensington tossed me the clothes.  He left the room and I slipped them on, wondering if 'An' was his daughter.

"Not too bad."  Mr. Kensington scanned me up and down.  I knew he was lying though.  They were way too big and sagged on my thin boney figure.

He took me to the elevator that I guess lead to the main foyer where his kids and wife were.  He told me I might want to listen in, then handed me an ink fountain pen and pad of paper.  I jotted down everything he said quickly.

There are 6 kids.  3 boys and 3 girls.

Anthea, Age: 18, also known as An to Mr. Kensington.  She is waiting for an engagement ring from her bad-boy boyfriends, Harris.

Alec, Age: 17, he "Takes after his father's good looks" and is a senior in high school.  He is a bit mischievous though.

Kristi, Age: 16 (my age), is always wearing her ballet slippers and dancing around the house.  Has starred in more ballets than Mr. Kensington can count.  Very gentle and kind though.

William 'Will', Age: 15, is the artist of the house.  There's a whole room dedicated to his artwork, been praised by the highest ranking artists in the world.

Esme and Arron, Age: 12, The twins.  They are exactly alike except for their genders.  They used to want to get married when they are four but are older now and bicker more than Mrs. Kensington can stand.

Kayla, Age: 6, very cute and sweet.  She carried around an old stuffed rabbit.  If she looses it, calm down, and find it quickly.  She's literally 'attached' to that rag of a bunny.

Then there was Mrs. Kensington.  Age: 40, used to be a model and debutante.  Both families are rich which makes the Kensingtons' multimillionaires.

I managed to jot down the last of the notes just as the doors opened.  Before me stood 6 kids and Mrs. Kensington, all sitting peacefully in the hottub.  Except for one girl who was dancing around who I figured was Kristi.  

"I would like all of you to meet our new servant."  Mr. Kensington said.  He turned to me.

"Do you have a certain name or nickname you wish for us to call you?"  He asked.  I gulped and eyed the family staring at me, all of them were literally gorgeous, and looked like a blend of both Mr. and Mrs. Kensington.

"A-ara."  I stuttered over the one simple word.  My cheeks instantly began to burn.

"Nice to meet you Ara."  Mrs. Kensington said in her thick British accent.  "You may call me Naomi if you wish."  She bowed her head politely.  I tried to decipher who was who.

"I'm Will."  A boy with watercolor stains on his fingers, tanned olive skin, deep blue eyes and matted brown hair offered his hand towards me while piling out of the hot tub.  I smiled and shook, just as Effie had taught me.

"I'm Esme!"  A younger looking girl who had matching blond hair and green eyes like her mother and twin who I figured was Arron.

"Kayla!"  The little one with dark chocolate brown corkscrew curls shouted.

"I am professional dancing ballerina, Kristi Kensington!"  The girl who was wearing silk pink ballet slippers and a thin chiffon short dress which flowed as she twirled over.

"Pleased to meet you Ara, I be Anthea, but An if you please."  The oldest girl who could have been an older looking twin to Kristi said.  She was wearing a skimpy blue polka dot bikini and her wavy black hair frizzed out of her perfect messy bun.

I opened my mouth and strange nervous comments swerved out.

"Why are you all inside in hot water when it's Summer?"  I asked, my cheeks burning even more, regretting ever saying such a thing.  Anthea chuckled.

"It's pouring out!"  She gently patted my shoulder

I let out a nervous snort and quickly covered my mouth.  I noticed a boy in the corner of the hot tub chuckling.  Alec.

"Well, now that we've met each other, I have to get going for my meeting, I'll see you all in a bit, welcome to the family Ara."  Mrs. Kensington said after reading a text message.  She managed to slip on her white trench coat,  grab an umbrella and hurry out.

Mr. Kensinton nodded.

"I'll be in my study."  He said and hurried back into the elevator, and leaving me with people who I'd literally just met.  Once the doors closed, Alec climbed out of the hot tub, his toned abs dripping with steaming water, it made my knees buckle.

"So Ara..."

"Yes?  Oh and I never caught your na-"

"Alec, and when's dinner?"  He interrupted.