sailor dee goes missing

after kirby super star/ultra, halberd crew recollects themself on the shore but they can't find sailor dee (omg an actual one-shot??!?!) btw i actually haven't played kss/u so apologies if some of this is wrong lol

also pls read the end note even if you don't read the story

Meta Knight opens his eyes to find Sword and Blade Knight hovering over him. "Oh thank god, you're finally awake. I was starting to get worried." It was Blade Knight who had spoken.

"Yeah. I'm alright."

Meta Knight stands up and dusts off the sand on his armor. Behind him, the ocean—where his precious Halberd had fallen.

I seriously let Kirby beat me, he mumbles under his breath. But right now wasn't the time to dwell on that. He needed to make sure his crew was okay.

"Am I dead?"
A voice interrupted his thinking.

To his left was Captain Vul, the one who asked the question.
"Unfortunately, no." A new voice popped up. This time it was Mace Knight.

The rest of the Meta-Knights began to regain consciousness. Meta Knight grouped them and started counting them all.
One, two, three, four, Sword and Blade which makes six, Vul makes seven, and I make eight. Good. All nine...
Meta Knight looks at his surroundings.
...of us are not here.
Meta Knight began to panic.

"Has anyone seen Sailor Dee?"

The Halberd crew shot up and looked around for him. But he was nowhere to be seen.
"Oh my god... we lost Sailor Dee!" Axe Knight exclaims, putting his hands to his face.

"Wait, what?" Captain Vul said. "Where'd my boy go?" He looked around, but again, no one was there.

Meta Knight looked back to when he was on the Halberd.

The rest of his crew had already abandoned ship, but only one stuck with him. It was Sailor Dee.

'Sailor Dee, escape while you can. I don't want you to get hurt.' Meta Knight explained.

'I'm not going to leave you here alone. I'll always stay by your side.'

Loud beeps echoes throughout the room, almost blocking the sound of someone entering.

It's Kirby.

Meta Knight is on a platform, with Sailor Dee behind him.
'Do not interfere, please,' he whispers to Sailor Dee. He turns back to Kirby and throws a sword at his feet.

'Pick up the sword, Kirby! Let us commence this duel!'

Kirby does as said and inhales the sword, becoming Sword Kirby. Seeing this, Meta Knight jumps off the platform and points his sword toward Kirby.

'Hah!' Meta Knight thrusts his sword at Kirby, who just barely misses.

Sailor Dee, still on the platform, looked at the battle below in awe. He very much admired Meta Knight, and was mesmerized by the way Meta Knight can use his sword. He was very much zoned out from watching the battle but regained his focus.
He looked around the room and for a brief second, he made eye contact with Kirby. He quickly backed away so no one would be able to see him.

He wasn't supposed to interfere with the battle. Sailor Dee was not one to break orders.

Maybe Kirby would believe that he wasn't there and it was just his eyes playing tricks. Maybe...

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard an explosion coming from below.

That's it. Kirby had dealt the final blow.

Meta Knight had fallen to the ground, using his cape to cover up his face because Kirby had broken his mask.

'Sorry...' were the words he last heard before Kirby exited the room.

After collecting himself, an even louder beeping was heard. The ship was going to crash.

'Shit, Sailor Dee!'
Meta Knight remembered the little one who was on the platform. He quickly got up and flew to where he was, but there wasn't anyone there.

Although the Halberd had already been descending bit by bit, he could really feel it going down now, fast.

If he didn't get out right now, he would surely sink. But where was Sailor Dee?

Meta Knight made sure to double check the room.

With a heavy heart, he spread his wings and exited the Halberd.

Right. That's what had happened.
Meta Knight spoke up. "Sailor Dee never escaped the Halberd. I'm afraid that he might be..." Meta Knight didn't dare to finish that sentence.

"Oh." Captain Vul looked down. Trident put his hand on Vul's shoulder.
The eight of them gathered to watch the sun set. They looked to the ocean, where the Halberd had fallen. None of them dared to break the silence.

"Hey! Over here!" Meta Knight was the first to look back to where the sudden voice was heard. In surprise, it was Sailor Dee who stood there. Everyone immediately ran up to him and embraced.

"Holy shit, Sailor Dee! We thought you died!" Mace Knight had tears in his eyes, as so did the others. Similar words were spoken by the Meta-Knights as well.

"Dead? Why would I be dead?" Sailor Dee let go of the embrace. "You were with me on the Halberd last. After Kirby destroyed the Halberd, you were nowhere to be seen." Meta Knight said.

"I'm really sorry about worrying all of you. Actually, Kirby and I made eye contact when you were battling. After the battle was over, Kirby grabbed and escaped with me after he sent the Halberd to sink. Later he admitted that he thought I was Bandana Dee, and let me go."

"I'm just glad you're okay." Captain Vul gave Sailor Dee another hug.

The full nine of them turned back to the ocean.

Fuck. It's gonna take a long time to rebuild the Halberd.

———-
YEAHHH
okay so this was different from my other chapters
i'm not sure if i should keep doing these or do more funny shits-and-giggles type of posts

also Sailor Dee doesn't die. You're welcome.
maybe alternate au where he dies??? comes back as a ghost maybe???

please ask if you want these "serious edgy-type angst" one shots or stupid dumb bitches being stupid dumb bitches