"Honey, babe I haven't seen you in forever" she cooed.

"Haven't you?" was his genius response.

"Well, I thought we could you know, catch up" URG! Does she really believe I don't know full well what her 'catching up' entitles? I had to bite back a growl, which was tempting to escape from my lips. Who does she think she is?! Not his mate that's for sure!

"Vicky, I don't want to catch up with you, and I'll pass on the f*ck" I couldn't help but jolt my head up in surprise at what Klaus just said, what?!... Why? My eyes met not only Klaus's pair of grey eyes, which were staring into mine but also Vicky's glare.

"It's because of her, isn't it!" she hissed.

"Vick..."

"It is because of me actually."

"WHAT?!" The look of shock was apparent on both of their faces. There was fear in Klaus's and hatred in Vicky's.

"We have this project to do, remember?" I reminded both of them, but particularly Klaus, who seemed to considerably relax once he realized I wasn't going to spill to her the fact that I was his mate.

"Well, that's not going to take you all night" she sneered at me.

"I guess not..."

"Maybe" Klaus cut me off, and I immediately turned to glare at him 'maybe?' really Klaus!

"There is no maybe Klaus!" but all he did was shrug, a knowing mischievous grin crossing his face.

"Right..." Vicky mused nodding her head, like the idiot she is "So I'll come round tonight then baby" she smirked seductively.

"Well, you can..." Klaus mused, causing an involuntary growl to escape my lips. Klaus muffled a laugh, as my eyes shot up in horror at the realization of what I just did. "But unfortunately I won't be there" with that Vicky huffed frustrated, glancing back at me before striding back to her seat.

"Is something wrong?" Klaus asked amused.

"No" I shook my head as casually as I could.

"Then I must have just imagined the possessive growl which passed through your cute lips" he murmured, leaning in closer to me, his breath gently hitting my neck.

"Who says it was possessive?" I glared back, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Hum..." he paused and pretended to think about it, before grinning, "I do" he shrugged.

I began to shake my head; this was going to be one hell of a long lesson.

"Klaus, the book" I sighed, as I motioned for him to pass it to me. He groaned but went to pick it up before he stopped, grinning mischievously at me.

"You get it" he shrugged, as he looked between me and the book, which was placed right on the corner of the desk in front of him.

"No, just pass me the damn book, Klaus!" I glared, crossing my arms over my chest. For me to get it, it would mean I would have to practically lean across him, and I wasn't going to do that. He just looked at me amused, and I realized with frustration that he didn't intend to pass the book any time soon.

"Fine" I frowned, a plan forming in my head, as I began to lean across him making sure none of my body touched him, though I knew I was giving him a good view.

"Ahh, sorry" I bit my lip, as I perfectly carried out a fake trip and let my hand grab the top of his thigh, holding back a laugh as he groaned. "Slipped" I whispered, trying not to think about how his face was only a few inches away from mine and his touch which sent involuntary sparks of pleasure run through my body.