" Maybe it's Dick, Kory, and Donna. " Rachel offered. 

" God, I hope so. " Ryan said.

" I'll go check, you guys stay with Gar. " Angela said before disappearing off into the hallway. Rachel and Ryan shared hopeful glances, praying a savior had appeared. Ryan reached behind her and grabbed a hand towel and handed it to Rachel. 

" Here, place this under his head and hold it against his ears. Try to stop some of the bleeding. " Ryan instructed. Rachel did as she was told and took the towel from her hand and placed it under his head before pressing the cloth against his ears. " Gar, hey Gar. Stay with us, okay? Help is coming. You just gotta stay with us. " 

" I can't stop the bleeding. " Rachel muttered, tears starting to fall from her eyes. " I-I can't stop it, Ryan. "

" It's okay. " Ryan spoke, forcing her voice to stay steady as met Rachel's eyes once again.  " He'll be okay. I promise, okay? He will be okay. " She stated, more to herself than her. Rachel nodded  at her words, shocked at how Ryan could stay so optimistic in a time like this. All that Ryan knew was that if she allowed herself to believe that Gar was going to die, she would smash this house to pieces. 

Suddenly, a man appeared from the hallway with Angela following close behind. His eyes widen at the sight, worry filling his eyes. " How long has he been like this? " He asks, kneeling down near Gar as well. 

" He started showing symptoms less than ten minutes ago. " Ryan answered. 

" But he was fine a few hours ago. " Angela chimed in, helplessly standing in the doorway. 

" It's gonna be okay, I'm a police officer. " The man stated, calmly. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, a confused expression forming on his face as he looked down at the device. It was dead. " I just charged it... " 

" There is a landline in the kitchen. " Angela offered, gesturing down the hall. 

" I'll be right back, okay? We will figure this out. " The man told the two teens before rushing out of the bathroom. 

" It's gonna be alright. " Angela reassured before following after the man. Rachel couldn't help but release a sob, tears continuing to stream down her face. Ryan felt utterly useless as she watched the horrid scene in front of her. She wasn't sure how Gar was still alive with all the blood that continued to pool out of him. 

" What are we going to do, Ryan? " Rachel asked and all Ryan could do was look back at the girl, unsure what to say. Moments of tense silence passed until Angela returned from the kitchen. 

" Where did that guy go? " Ryan asked, when she noticed he was not following behind the women.

" He went into town to get help, the landline wasn't working. " She responded. Another uneasy feeling washed over Ryan but she wasn't able to decipher why. A few more moments passed, all three women just sharing worried glances. Ryan could her anxiety start to raise as every second passed, she was going to explode if she stayed here

" Fuck this, I can't just sit here and do nothing. " Ryan spoke before standing up and heading towards the door more forcefully than intended. Her first step caused the ground shake between them, a small crack appearing under her foot. " Sorry. " She called out over her shoulder continuing on her path out of the house. 

       ONCE RYAN MADE IT OUTSIDE she took a sucked in as much air as she could. She could feel a panic attack starting to take over her as tears started to form in her eyes.  " Jesus, Ryan, get it together. " She muttered, starting to try her breathing techniques. " Okay, focus, focus. " She squeezed her eyes closed and tried to focus her senses, praying she could hear or even smell anyone nearby. Anyone that could help. 

Her eyes popped open when she heard three sets of footsteps running towards the house from the woods. She immediately started sprinting in their direction. Due to her running at full speed she saw the group within a few minutes. 

" Dick! " She called out, a sense of relief washing over her when she saw her friends. 

" Ryan. " He said, worry etched on his features. " What's going on? Why are you out here? "

" I-it's Gar. " She said, wiping the tears from her eyes. Donna rushed to her side, placing a calm and soothing hand on her shoulder. " T-there's something wrong with him. H-he's dying and I came out here to find help. I-I d-don't know what happened to him but s-somethings wrong. More than what's going on with Gar, something's coming. " Kory, Dick, and Donna all shared a knowing look. " What? What do you know? "

" We just got to get back to that house. " Kory said, without another word the group raced back towards the home.

      " WHAT THE FUCK is going on? " Donna asked once they arrived at the planned destination. Instead of seeing the house, they come upon a sort of force field. The house was now completely hidden and covered by a shimmering film

" The air. It's shimmering. " Dick observed. 

" That wasn't there when I left. " Ryan spoke, her eyes glued in front of her. 

" It's right where the house should be. " Donna added, as Dick sprinted towards the force field causing Ryan to follow after. Dick slipped through with ease but Ryan was stopped in her tracks. 

" No, no. Why-Why can't I go through? " Ryan asked, turning back to look at the two women. The duo approached the parameter and tried to enter but they were stopped as well. The teen turned to look over at her elders, tears threatening to spill once again. " I don't understand. Why can't we go in? "

" I don't know. " Donna answered. " I don't know. "

________________________________

Yay! Another chapter. Sorry updates have been slow, life has been super hectic but thank you everyone for 7k+ reads!!! It means the word to me.