T-W-E-N-T-Y S-I-X

T W E N T Y  S I X

T W E N T Y  S I X

    "Evan, stop pulling the sheets." I mumbled, half-asleep, pulling the sheets over my shoulders once again not wanting to let the cold air in. Instead of him stopping, I felt another tug.

    Annoyed, I gave him a slight kick on his hip with my knee, finally stopping the tugging of the sheets completely.

I couldn't deny that I spent endless nights wishing I could spend at least another night sleeping next to Evan during our last breakup, but now that we were back together and I had him in my bed more than once a week, I was starting to regret those wishes.

   I loved the guy to death, but the terrible way he slept would be my death sooner or later.

    As I started to drift off again, I felt the sheets tugged for the third time, a little harder than before, pushing my annoyance over the limit.

    I was about to smack Evan in the head with my pillow when I heard a small sniff coming from somewhere near me.

    "Momma."

    Sitting up abruptly, I gripped the pillow tighter, shielding myself from whatever that noise was before I spotted Maia next to the bed with tears in her eyes, holding on to the sheets.

    I looked at Evan over my shoulder, feeling bad that I almost murdered him in his sleep five seconds ago for something he wasn't even doing.

    "Baby, what's wrong?" I whispered, picking her up and settling her in my lap. "You had a bad dream?"

    Maia nodded before quickly shaking her head, clutching her Pooh Bear stuffed animal close to her. "Bad man, momma."

    I frowned, trying to make sense of her words as I held her close to me, rubbing her back soothingly. "Who's the bad man?"

    Her little hand reached up to rub her eyes tiredly. "No know."

    "It was just a bad dream, bug. You are okay. Mommy will not let anything bad ever happen to you, okay?" I reassured her, squeezing her little body. She nodded in return, resting her head on my shoulder.

    We spent a couple of minutes in silence, holding each other until her little whimpers stopped utterly. "Are you ready to go back to your bed, or do you wanna sleep with mommy and daddy tonight?"

    Maia pulled her head back, her eyes turning big with excitement as she pointed at me. I chuckled, kissing her forehead before I tried to settle her in the middle of the bed as gently as possible, trying not to wake Evan up, but Maia seemed to have other plans in mind.