F-I-V-E

F I V E

F I V E

I woke up the following day, immediately aware of arms surrounding me and familiar loud snores invading my bedroom.

    Confusion took over for a slight second until images of last night flooded my head as realization set in that Evan showing up at my doorstep in the middle of the night was not a figment of my drunken and lonely imagination. Nor was the way we spent the rest of the night and early morning.

A soft sigh left my lips as I tried to savor this moment for a couple of seconds longer, knowing that deep down, this whole thing was a mistake.

    Our legs were entangled together, his face buried in the crook of my neck, and his arm was tightly wrapped around my waist, holding me against his body as if he was afraid I would leave.

    Sleeping with Evan had to be the stupidest thing I've done in months, aside from almost drinking that entire bottle of wine last night.

    Slowly, I managed to untangle our legs and slip out of his death grip without waking him up. I heard him mumble something under his breath before he turned on his stomach and continued sleeping.

    I wished things weren't the way they were because I would give anything to go back in time and somehow prevent all this from happening.

    Ignoring the urge I had to get back in bed next to him, I grabbed some clean clothes before locking myself in the bathroom to shower with freezing water to see if that would knock some sense into me. I was a year older, and yet here I was making stupid mistakes.

I was right when I told Marjan last night that I was a cheap sex worker. I let my stupid loneliness and drunkness take over my head and make things even more complicated for both Evan and me.

What the hell was I thinking?

After finishing my much-needed shower, I felt slightly better, but the anxiety I felt in my stomach kept getting worse with every minute that passed. Now that I was back on my full senses, I was unsure if I was ready to face Evan and actually have a conversation with him.

It's been months of avoiding him at any cost, including social media. Now that he was right here in my home, there was no escaping the situation. I couldn't simply block him in real life.

Giving the sleeping man in my bed, who I was still in love with, one last look, I exited the room and proceeded to pick up the clothes we threw all over the place last night.

My neck and ears burned as my head replayed flashbacks of our passionate night. I couldn't even remember the last time we had a night like that together. Ever since Taylor re-entered the picture, everything between us went to hell.