AUTHOR'S NOTE

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

     This is my recent fictional short story I created this year (2022). I halted from writing for many years ago due to massive schoolworks and I sufffered from anxiety and depression , which resisted me from grabbing a pen. But finally, I made this piece as my " welcome back " greetings for myself and also as a part of my 'healing'era.

      I wrote this short story as my entry for a Virtual Short Story Writing contest entitled " Handuraw ", which was hosted by the Colegio de San Jose Senior High School Student Council. Win or lose, I promised myself to publish this story online after the said contest. And yet, some fortunate things happened. I was undeniably flustered when I became one of the Runner-Ups for the contest. I felt like I improved a bit and I opened myself a door to a new genre.

       For the past summer breaks, I was totally exposed to journalism and majority of our topics were all about political issues. I, myself, became a victim of government mistreatment. I entered the world of activism and currently a member of Panday Sining NDMO (National Democratic Mass Organization). I am aware of the risks of being a part of a mass organization including being erroneously accused as a terrorist communist (red-tagging). Anti-government and different from anti-bad
government. I studied the history of politics, government systems, imperialism, feudalism, capitalism, and how it can affect the lives of the Filipino people, especially the proletariat people since injustices still exist. I believed that my engagement and realization towards the country's predicament encouraged me to the "voice" of the masses.

      About the story "Red Sunset", I formulated the plot from the controversial issues that arised from year 2016-2020 such as the shrinkage of agricultural sector due to conversion farmlands into residential or industrial areas, assassination of activists in Bacolod City and price inflation. I deeply apologize in advance if ever you might discover some grammatical and typographical errors. I am still in the middle of improving my works. I hope you may able to understand the message of this story. I dedicate this book to all Filipino people. Balang araw, makakahanap tayo muli ng Liwanag sa Dilim.

" Para sa Masa, Para sa Bayan "

M. Marie

P.S. : I already edited a PDF version of this story, you can download it by tapping the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ykGvZBe89w60VAuTwurQnY5vylY-rl47/view?usp=drivesdk