3

Jake wanted to scream, he wanted to run far away from Michael and never look back. 'Why me? Why me? Why me? What did I do to deserve this.' He whimpered in his mind. Jake struggled, kicking his legs and attempting to scream. However Michaels hand was still firmly covering his mouth. Jake has an idea, a stupid one if it didn't work but what choice did he have? He took a deep breath before going completely limp. 'If he thinks I'm passed out maybe he'll let me go.' He reasoned. The grip around his mouth relaxed and he thrown over Michael's shoulder, 'hook me and get this over with.'  However, Michael simply dropped the survivor and walked away. 'That works I guess?' Jake staggered to his feet looking around.

The wind chilled him to his very core as he leaned against the nearest tree. 'Why me? Is he just going to torture me and when he gets bored he'll kill me?' Jake began to sob. It was embarrassing, to be crying in a fucking trial. Someone tapped his shoulder, he looked up expecting to see one of his fellow survivors. But of course it couldn't be that easy. He wiped his eyes to finally get a clear view of the person. Michael Myers. 'NO NO GO AWAY LEAVE ME ALONE YOU MONSTER.' His mind screamed wordlessly. The touch was gentle especially compared to their last interaction. Jake faced Michael, tears still spilling down his face. Michael reached up towards the crying boys face and Jake flinched in response squeezing his eyes shut.

He expected to be dead but death always had a way of avoiding the survivalist. Instead a gentle but large hard wiped his tears. 'What the hell?' He whined silently. Once Michael was done, he grabbed Jake's hand and lead him to the exit gate, to his surprise it was already open. <<why are you doing this?>> Jake signed with shaky hands. The end game collapse had already begun, the earth was shaky and lighting up with red and orange cracks. Michael raised his hands, signing slowly 'M, I, N, E' With that he walked back into the fog. Jakes turned to the exit and bolted out without a second thought.

When Jake returned to the campfire he didn't say anything to the other survivors. He had nothing to say. He kept to himself, head held in his hands looking at the ground. 'He thinks I'm his? What does that even mean? I didn't do anything, just exist as a normal survivor.'  Jake signed out-loud rubbing his face. "Hey Jake are you okay?" Jake looked up to see Ace leaning down to talk to him. "Oh uh, yeah I'm fine don't worry. Thanks for asking though." He smiled weakly in response. Ace didn't seem convinced, a frown pulled at his lips and the look in his eyes was worried. "What? I'm fine Ace." Jake smiled wider. "Right right of course." Ace moved to sit down next to him. Jake couldn't lie, it was nice to have someone who cared about him.

Michael's POV

Michael watched the campfire from a distance. He clenched his fist in pure rage. No one could get that close to Jake, no one. The Raven-haired man was his. Michael had no clue why he hated the idea of anyone being around him, but he absolutely did. He wanted to crush Ace's skull between his hands, hear him beg for his life as it withered away.  But he knew the entity wouldn't be too pleased if he took the lives of every survivor besides Jake. "Come on let's go for a walk, you look like you need it." Ace poked Jake in the shoulder with a smile.

Michael didn't hear Jake's response but he guessed he agreed as the two men stood up and started walking in Michael's general direction. For being a 6ft behemoth of a man he easily blended into the shadows of the entity's realm. Michael watched Jake and Ace walk talking quietly among themselves. He knew getting to Jake when Ace was around was a horrible idea, either Ace runs and tells the others, or Jake has to watch his friend die. 'He won't want me if it's the latter.' Michael sighed silently in frustration.