One

She always stared at me like that.

Her grey/black eyes glaring into my soul.

Except it wasn't meant like that.

Her stare was curious in nature, as if I was the rat, and she was the scientist.

She's been here at school for two weeks, and hasn't said a word. At least, not to a student. She talks to the teachers, but only as much as she has to.

Her hair, which was a milky white matched her flawless porcelain skin. She turned away from me, and her hair followed in a wave of white.

I looked around the study hall. I didn't have any work to do, so I watched her again.

Finally, the bell rang. The whole time I was watching her, a little voice was hissing at me in my head.

"Talk to her. Talk to her. Talk to her!" It almost screamed.

My legs moved almost mechanically towards her. As I caught up with her, I noticed she was still watching me too. Out of the corner of her eye, she was watching me. I sped up until I was directly beside her.

"Hi, um... I'm-" she cut me off.

"You are Zelus, Mark. Aged sixteen, grade eleven. I know who you are." She spoke like a robot. Sort of like the lady on the recorded message thingy on the phone.

"Yeah, so, what's your name?" I asked awkwardly.

"My name is..." Her face froze. Then her brother walked up from behind us.

I only assume he's her brother, because they look exactly alike. Like twins almost. His hair is white, like his skin, but he's taller. Much taller. Almost seven feet actually. She's not much shorter actually. They speak in the same way too. I dropped behind them, blocking out all hallway noise, and focusing on them.

"Trinity, the humans are becoming more suspicious of us." The boy said.

"I know, Zelus, Mark just tried to make contact with me." She replied quietly. Her voice was sweeter than it was a few minutes ago.

"Just do what Father says, and we can leave tonight." He reached over to her with his lanky arm, and gave her hand a quick squeeze.

"I do not want to leave, this Mark, I have been watching him. He is so fascinating. It seems that he is always thinking about me in study hall." My heart sank to my toes.

"Trinity, he is listening." He snapped.

"I know Kale, I wanted him to hear." She smiled.

"Females." He scoffed and turned down a different hallway.

I moved in to take his place. I smiled at her casually.

"There is no need to act as if you did not hear." Trinity kept her head forward.

"You can call me Mark if you want to."

"Fine, Mark." She smiled, but still didn't look at me.

"He is your brother right?"

"Yes."

"Oh, cool. I wish I had siblings. I don't though, obviously."

"It is not as much fun as it seems." She looked at me. Her smile was warm, and inviting.

"Well, this is my stop. See you tomorrow." I waved. She continued to walk.

"Holy balls dude! Were you just talking to her?" Dean, my 'bro' since kindergarten, came thumping over to me. He isn't very tall, but he sure is big. His muscles make up most of the weight though, and he hasn't lost a wrestling match in his life.

"Yeah, and guess what?"

"What?" He asked excitedly.

"She told me her name."

"Whoa." Dean's jaw hit the floor.

"I know right?!" I cheered.

I couldn't get her out of my mind. I saw her smile every time I closed my eyes. I just felt overwhelmed.

That night I had an unusual dream.

.............................................................

I was in some kind of forest. Moss covered the ground, and all I could see were trees. They went as far as I could see in all directions. They were tall, branch less, and they faded into some distant fog.

Then I heard a voice. 

Not just any voice though, 

It was Trinity's voice.

"Mark!" She called playfully.

"Hello? Trinity? Where are you?" I yelled. I started to run through the trees. I was calling her name, but I could not find Trinity.

Suddenly there was a clearing in the trees. A big mansion-like house stood before me. Vines and other plant growth covered part of the building.

I continued running up the mansion's steps. When I reached the big iron doors, they opened before I could knock.

There was a tall man standing before me. He was towering above me, and when I reached the top of him, he had no face