Tired - Wanda Maximoff

Warnings: none, just pure Wanda fluff

I worked about seven hours last night and seven hours this morning. So I used my tiredness as inspiration for this

I apologize if this isn't very exciting and kinda short, I'm half asleep

Y/n shifted her feet uncomfortably as she stared at the pad of paper in her hand, trying to decipher her own handwriting. It was someone's food order that she had just taken, but she couldn't understand what she had jotted down. She compared it to some of the options on the tablet screen in front of her, thinking the illegible scribble matched several of the food options.

One of her fellow servers appeared next to her, grabbing a bottle of ketchup to be taken to a needy table.

"Hey, Sarah? Can you read this?" y/n asked, thrusting the notepad at the girl.

Sarah took the pad and squinted at the scribbles that sprawled across the paper. After a moment, she snorted in laughter as she handed it back to y/n.

"Sorry, but you have the worst handwriting." Sarah disappeared with a smile on her face as she walked to one of her beckoning tables.

Y/n just groaned at the response and guessed as to what it was. It was late at night and the restaurant would be closing soon. She was beyond caring at this point. If the order was wrong then she'd get a scolding from the customer and the cook and a free plate of food to take home.

It had been a hectic night shift and all y/n could think about was going back home to her girlfriend and her bed. This train of thought unfortunately caused the rest of the shift and closing work to drag along painfully slow. But eventually she found herself walking up to her apartment door, smelling of sweat and cleanser with a pounding headache.

Fumbling with her keys and the lock of the door, she shuffled into the apartment, quietly closing the door behind her. On most nights when y/n would work late at the restaurant, Wanda would try to stay up until she got home. However, Wanda would often fall asleep waiting, thus y/n's desire to remain quiet when coming home.

There was the padding of small feet as a fluffy gray cat wandered over to y/n, meowing happily. Y/n bent down and started scratching the cat's head.

"Hi Cinder. You take care of Mama for me today?" She whispered in a happy voice, planting a tiny kiss on top of the cat's head.

Standing up and slipping off her work shoes, she hung up her coat. She then wandered deeper into the apartment, slowly opening the bedroom door, Cinder following close behind. A tired smile grew on y/n's face as her eyes met Wanda, sitting up in bed with a book in her hand.

"Hey." Wanda whispered, meeting her girlfriend's eyes with a smile. "How was work?"

"Just dandy." y/n responded sarcastically. She fell into bed next to Wanda, laying down on her stomach and sighing deeply, grateful to get off her feet. Cinder jumped up on the bed, joining the two girls.

"Really?" Wanda asked, copying y/n's sarcastic tone. She closed her book and placed it on her nearby nightstand.

"It was really busy. We were short several staff tonight and I had to clean up some kid's juice that they had managed to get everywhere." y/n mumbled.

"I'm sorry, baby." Wanda scrunched up her nose at the thought. She reached down and began tracing lazy patterns on y/n's back.

"It's okay. I just want to sleep now." Sleep was already teasing y/n's voice as she began to slowly nod off.

"Maybe take a shower and get changed first. You have a smell." Wanda suggested timidly, continuing with drawing her patterns. Y/n just huffed in response, obviously not wanting to move from her comfortable position. She was tired, her body was sore from being on her feet and moving around for over seven hours, and her girlfriend's touch was extremely calming.

Wanda's face softened as she got up and went around to her girlfriend's side of the bed. She helped her sit up and began pulling out a pair of pajamas for y/n to change into.

"Come on sleepyhead." Wanda gently led y/n into the bathroom, placing the folded clothes in her hand on the sink counter. "Get cleaned up and then we can cuddle and you can go to sleep."

Y/n whined as she just stood there, her eyes half closed. She pulled Wanda into a sleepy embrace, snaking her arms around the witch's waist. Wanda just laughed as y/n buried her face into the crook of Wanda's neck.

"I could just stay like this." y/n breathed, placing several small kisses on Wanda's neck.

"Well there can be more of this once you get cleaned up and changed." Wanda said with a mischievous smile. Y/n hummed in response, pulling away from the red head, matching her smile.

Wanda left her girlfriend to shower and change in privacy, making her way back to bed. Still sitting up against the headboard, she picked up her book again, continuing where she had left off. Cinder curled up in Wanda's lap, seemingly happy for the lap to snuggle into. About twenty minutes later, Wanda was about to check to see if her girlfriend had fallen asleep in the shower when y/n emerged from the bathroom in her pajamas, hairbrush in hand.

"Will you braid my hair?" y/n asked, sitting down next to Wanda. The witch nodded, setting down her book for the second time and turning her attention to her girlfriend's wet hair. Taking the brush from y/n's hand, Wanda shifted to get a better angle and began brushing through y/n's tangled hair. Cinder surprisingly stayed put in Wanda's lap. Eventually, she began to make sections of hair, weaving it together with delicate fingers.

After about two years of dating, it was small moments like these that y/n found the most meaningful. These moments always caused Wanda's caring heart to shine through, and y/n enjoyed every moment of it. The small touches and the gentle feeling of Wanda brought up a euphoric feeling within y/n's body that she wished she could hold onto forever. Wanda just made y/n happy, and feel at peace with life.

Eventually, Wanda tied off y/n's hair in two braids, throwing both ends over her shoulders. Y/n sleepily slid down under the covers and let out a tired sigh. Wanda leaned over and turned off the nightstand lamp. Cinder jumped off the bed and laid down in her own bed off to the side of the room, sighing loudly as she began to drift off to sleep.

Joining y/n under the warm comforter, Wanda could feel y/n wrap her arms around her body, pulling the two together in a tight embrace as y/n rested her head on Wanda's chest. Wanda held y/n, continuing to trace the same lazy patterns on her back.

Y/n then groaned, shifting slightly. Wanda looked down at her, barely able to make out the shape of her girlfriend in her arms in the dark

"You alright?" Wanda whispered as y/n continued to shift around in her arms.

"My head hurts." y/n eventually settled down, gripping Wanda tighter.

"It's okay. Just get some sleep. You're probably tired." Wanda said in a calming tone as she stroked y/n's back. Eventually, the two fell asleep, holding onto each other. Wanda made sure that y/n's sleep was restful, and full of happy dreams.