B2-Part 18: Oh Baby

Start from the beginning

"Stop please!"

"I'm gonna need for you to get down on the ground, now! For your own safety and the safety."

Max looks around and gazes incredulously at the screens around the city that all show himself.

"Sir! What do you want us to do?" One of the police look at the captain.

The Captain glances at Mila who gives him a pleading stare. He groans rubbing his forehead.

"Hold your fire and make way."

"They see me." Max mutters to himself, "You see me... You see me. They see me."

"Max..."

Max freezes slowly looking away from the screen as he hears a familiar voice.

"Hey Max..."

"Mila?" Max frowns, "I don't know what's happening."

Mila smiles sadly as she stands a couple feet from him, "I don't know either. But we can figure it out... just don't move okay?"

"I-I don't want to hurt anybody."

"I know... I know you don't. I told them that you don't, it's okay. They're just gonna take you away from all these people, that way everyone is safe..."

"Okay..."

Max reaches his hand out slowly to Mila just as a trainee cop throws a smoke bomb near Max.

Mila gasps holding her hands over her face, "No! No! Stop!"

Max flinches back watching the smoke bombs spark and fly off into the cop cars. He slowly walks towards Mila who was coughing with a frown.

"Mila..."

"On the ground now! Don't take another step towards her!"

Guns click as Max freezes.

"Don't do that. Please!"

"It's over, freak!"

Mila coughs waving her hands to the angry police, "Don't! You're making it worse!"

The Captain curses as he makes his way towards Mila. He knew his squad were trigger happy and he didn't want his old friends daughter to be in the middle of it.

"Mila back away from him."

"No! Don't do this." Another gun clicks, "Wait! It's not his fault."

Max mutterd shaking his head, "It's not my fault!"

Cops shout indistinctly as the Captain quickly grabs Mila's arm.

"Let go!"

"Stop..." Max mutters watching Mila get dragged away.

"Don't! You don't understand!"

"Stop..." Max says as two cops come out from behind their car doors.

"Let go!"

"I said stop!" Max yells out angrily as he accidentally holds out his hands.

Electricity shoots from his fingertips and hits the police cars as the men run away. The cars fly into the air and land on top of other cars on the street.

The Captain shields Mila's body as a car flies over to them. Before it can even touch them, Spider-Man stands holding it over his head.

"I'm glad you're not one of those cops that rides a horse."

The crowd cheers as they watch Spider-Man drop the car. Mila looks towards the Captain with an angry gaze.

"Your officers could've killed someone. He's not doing this on purpose. He doesn't know what he's doing. This isn't his fault... please."