XXI

TW: explicit mentions of past abuse
...

Four texts still hadn't garnered a response.

Wilbur set his phone down, sighing loudly. He sat up from where he had been laying, resolving to leave his room instead. He hesitated for a few moments before grabbing his phone. He looked at it once last time before slipping it into the pocket of his sweatpants.

Turns out there wasn't too much of interest out of his room either. Wilbur noticed that rather quickly as he walked into the room to find both Techno and Tommy sitting on either sides of the table completely ignoring each other.

Wilbur sat down, hesitating again before grabbing his phone.

The screen lit up with uninterrupted wallpaper.

Wilbur huffed quietly.

"Nope," Technk said, standing up. "I'm not dealin' with your pouting."

And then there was two.

Tommy looked up from his laptop, looking as if he was itching to ask a question. He opened his mouth for a moment before closing it, turning his attention back to the laptop screen. He repeated the cycle again after a few minutes.

"Alright, what do you want?" Wilbur asked as Tommy repeated his cycle again.

"I, uh, I need help," Tommy said. Wilbur sat back in his chair, raising an eyebrow. "What would you do if you, if you had a friend who was, like, trying to get you to do something really bad."

Wilbur froze. He spoke slowly. "Well, depends on what the thing is."

"Just- bad. That's all it can be... described as." Tommy lowered his computer screen.

"Well," Wilbur began. He paused, searching for the words. "I'd stop talking to that friend."

"Oh," Tommy said, his voice quiet. "Thanks."

Wilbur bit the inside of his cheek. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah! No, no, no, I'm fine," Tommy said quickly. "It's, uh, it's Tubbo. He's made friends with some, like, drug dealer bitch."

Wilbur nodded. "Tell him to talk to Techno if he's got any troubles."

Tommy laughed at that, though it sounded almost forced. Almost, but not quite.

Wilbur looked back to his phone, not meaning to move after seeing a notification badge. His heart dropped in a way he would not acknowledge at the sight of a simple news article.

He decided not to press further with Tommy.

Instead, he clicked on the article. Ominous Graffiti Left On Police Station, the article title read. He read on with his heart continuing to beat faster in his chest.

The article continued about messages spray painted in dark blue on the sides of the police station. The writing was accompanied every so often by pictures.

One in particular caught Wilbur's eye.

It was red, not the dark blue of every other writing. Instead of the generic ominous message of the others, this one stated W, two days, 9 pm, Las Nevadas. Don't be late.

The article speculated an attack of some kind; a bomb or another poison attack.

Wilbur knew they were wrong.

This was for him, and him alone.

He pushed his hair back, his hands gripping the armrests. "Fuck."

Tommy glanced at him.