“Okay Harry, you’re about to meet some people who are very special to your mummy and me, and I know they love you so, so much already, almost as much as we do.” James coos.

“Yes they do, but I have a feeling they’re going to help you get into trouble when you get bigger, my little fawn.” Lily says beaming

Sure enough, Sirius and Remus come bursting through the door.

“Alright, where’s my new favorite Potter, sorry James.” Sirius says happily.

“With his mama, they’ll be down in a second. You’re gonna lose it when you see him, Pads, he’s bloody gorgeous.” James says proudly.

“Course he is, he’s got good genes.” Sirius replies.

“Moony, I know you’re terrified of babies, but you could at least pretend you are excited to meet my son.” James teases.

Remus blushes “Sorry, I’m just nervous, what if he senses something?”

James’ face softens. “Relax, you’re his Uncle Moony, he’s gonna love you.”

“Yeah, and if he doesn’t, you know I still bloody do.” Sirius teases, kissing Remus’s cheek.

James laughs “Knock it off, Padfoot. This is my son’s time to shine.”

Just then Lily comes down the stairs holding a very alert baby Harry and looking radiant. “Okay. Are my old favorite boys ready to meet my new favorite boy?” She asks.

“Oh my god, he is bloody gorgeous.” Sirius says, instantly starting to cry.

“He looks just like James,  except for those eyes, those are all you, Evans.” Remus says with a smile.

“You two ready to hold him?” Lily asks.

“I’ll go first, give Moony a second to stop freaking out.” Sirius says.

Lily smiles “Okay, Harry James, Uncle Sirius wants to say hi. I’m gonna let him hold you now.” She says, handing her son to a very weepy Sirius.

“Hey there, little man, I’m your Uncle Sirius, and you know what? I don’t mind not being your dad’s favorite person anymore, not one bit mate, not one bit I love you .” He coos.

Sirius holds Harry for a few more moments, and then turns to Remus. “You ready, Moony?” He asks.

Remus shakes his head “No. Not yet, I can’t. I’m sorry everyone.”

Lily’s face grows serious but warm. “Remus,” she says softly. “He’s not going to be scared of you, I promise.”

Remus bites his lip. “I’m sorry for being so nervous, maybe later.”

James puts a hand on his best friend's shoulder. “Just try, Moony, please? He’s gonna need you, to teach him  to be brave. Why not start now?”

Remus nods, and let’s Lily place baby Harry in his arms. “Okay, he says nervously, “Oh, oh my goodness, you’re not scary, you’re an angel.” He coos, just as Harry grabs his thumb.

“See, he likes you, he’s never done that for anybody other than James and me.” Lily says proudly.

“Aww, Moony, you're his favorite uncle.” Sirius praises.

“Okay bud, I’m going to give you back to your mama. Thanks for trusting me. I promise I’m not that scary.” Remus coos, handing Lily her son.

“Remus, Sirius, James and I have something to ask you.”

James smiles “How do you two feel about being Harry’s godparents?”

Sirius grins, and Remus’s jaw drops. “B-both of us?” He says

“Absolutely.” Lily declares.

“I’d be honored. What about you, babe?” Sirius asks

Remus cries for the first time since meeting Harry “Yeah, yes, I’d love that.” He says, hugging everyone, never happier in his life.“

XXX

After everyone leaves, Lily finishes feeding baby Harry and rocks him to sleep in his rocking chair.

“Somebody’s sleepy, oh that’s a big yawn. You’ve had a very busy day, haven’t you, sweetheart?” She says.

Just then, James peeks his head through the nursery door. “How’s my favorite boy in the whole world?” He coos.

“He’s perfect, sleepy but perfect.” Lily says dreamily.

James kisses Lily’s forehead. “And how about you, darling, how are you doing?”

“Exhausted, but utterly and completely happy.”

“You’re an amazing mother already, you know that right?”

“You think so? Your mum left me some pretty big shoes to fill.”

“You’re incredible Lils. Harry is such a lucky little boy.”

“He makes it easy, doesn’t he?”

“He does, but you’re still exceptional. “

“So are you.”

“Thank you, love. It is the greatest honor of my life, being here for my beautiful family.”

Lily smiles, kissing James, and then pressing a kiss to Harry’s forehead. “It’s everything I have ever wanted.” She says proudly, she can’t wait for many more perfect days with her little family