𝟎𝟑𝟏

~~~WARNING~~~

This chapter contains heavy details about school shootings, events similar to it, and the feelings of those involved in them.

If you can't handle this sort of topic please skip this chapter. Your mental health and state of mind matter! Thank you.

Everything was fine

Everything was fine.

Well, as fine as they could be with 3 anxiety induced teens hiding in a bathroom from what they believed to be an armed and dangerous shooter. But then the gunshots, and then the alarms, and then more gunshots.

The first set of gunshots had brought the small group into tears and panicked breathing but it was the alarms and the second set of gunshots that freaked the group out even more. Maddie was panicking, holding her chest as it beat harder than before. "I c-can't breathe." She managed to get out while she patted herself down once again hopping that her inhaler was in her jeans and she had somehow missed it the multiple other times she'd already tried finding it.

Estela stared at her friend with wide eyes, but said nothing. She couldn't get her breathing under control either and she was just as scared, she couldn't comfort Maddie and she knew that so she just reached her hand out to hold the blonde's.

5 more gunshots.

The group screamed, stumbled on the toilets' they were using to hold themselves up and cried harder. "Those sounded closer." Tyler said, her words coming out short and breathy and the girls could basically see him with his eyes closed and head tilted up towards the ceiling.

In the basement under the school Jessica sits in her H.O. room hiding with tears streaming down her face, she couldn't hear the gunshots the way the others could but she could definitely hear the alarm. And she could also hear the small window above her project boxes open. Her lips quivered as she searched the room, hoping a plan would be laid out for her.

She groans and sits up grabbing as many hard things as possible, mostly spray cans filled with paint. As the body began to drop into the room from the window Jessica started to cry out and throw the cans, successfully hitting the boy in the face multiple times. "Ouch!" A familiar voice calls out as he reveals his face.

"What the fuck?" Jessica shouts, in tears. This was the last person on Earth she expected to be seeing, or wanted to see for that matter. "Maddie. Maddie, is she here?" Justin asks, his breathing heavy as he squints and puts pressure on the gash above of his eyebrow.

"The fuck do you mean 'is she here,' of course she's not here now get out!" Jessica screamed pointing towards the window he had just climbed in through. "I-I can't! It's like the fucking SWAT is out there or something." He says his attention shifting between the window behind him and the girl in front of him.

"Funny story. I don't really care."

After what felt like a lifetime of listening to Bryce and Monty hound him about dying alone in a classroom Clay finally decided to get up and go out. He wasn't sure why he decided to get up now, he had ignored the pounding on the door for so long now, even when he thought he heard his friends. But he needed a break, he couldn't keep listening to them, even if he knew they weren't really there.