Chapter 2...

Chapter 2: 

Hane is getting worried now. It has been a week and two day since he asked if Tommi could stay with us yet Tommi still has not turned up. We cannot go asking around the village because anyone here could be a spy it would not be safe. We just have to hope that he turns up alive and soon.  

There are also new rumours of a pending rebel attack and the defences at the border between the forest and Kamune have been strengthened considerably. In fact, Hane did suggest that maybe Tommi had been caught trying to get into the village from the forest and subsequently been reported to the town council as a rebel spy. However, even if this is true there is nothing that we can do, unless we wish to be accused with 'conspiring with the enemy.

Hane comes to see us almost every day now, although he rarely stays to eat, tonight he has promised to bring along Gayne, his younger brother. You see, today is my birthday, I turn eighteen. Yet, you would barely know it. My mother cannot afford to get me anything and Elime certainly could not. No, the only thing I have got is a note left on the doorstep. It went something along the lines of: 'I cannot believe that you're finally 18! Anyway, have a lovely day and I'm sorry but I dont think I can make tonight I may be coming down with something and dont really want to pass it on to anyone. again, I'm so sorry if I've  caused any trouble but save  me some food! see you soon, from Jassy.' 

Jassy has been a friend of mine since we were young  children, but we lost contact for a while after both her parents died in the rebel's raid on the village a few years ago, but after my own father was killed and she was happily married, she saw fit to try and keep me sane whilst everyone else was laughing behgind my back. I am deeply grateful for her support when I needed it most.

Most of the girls of my age find me both highly amusing and highly disgraceful. You see, I was not married before I turned sixteen and now I am eighteen. what more need I say? 

*CRASH* 'Ahh! can't the pot just stay on the table for once?!' Elime, causing trouble in the kitchen again. Maybe I should go and try to help, she must be up to her neck trying to get the food ready for our guests tonight. I can hear footsteps outside the door to my bed chamber. Elime? no...mother? no...its Elime. She opened the door and instruicted me firmly to put on a nice dress. At this I let out a loud groan. 

'Do you want Gayne thinking you live in these dirty old clothes?' hmm...Elime's mind tricks fail to work on me now, trying to make me feel bad about the way I look does not work. 

'Elime, do you care what I look like?' I quietly asked her, even though already knew the answer.

'Yes, of course I do! I know that your mother never does, never has and never will, but Miya please...Do you care what you look like? Do you not want to look nice for once? on your birthday, at least...' At my expressionless, careless face, she exploded. 'Do you ever want to get married? Do you want to die an old crone? Do you think that your life will be well served if you just sit there and brood on what you've been missing out on for all these years? Do you care at all?' I blinked blankly at her, as to make her belive that she had not "got to me" with her rant, but she had. It hurts me to recount that story more than anything else right now. She is like a second mother to me and it hurts. It hurts to know that she belives that I am so much of a failure. I know that it hurts her too. That is why I have chosen my new dress and laced my hair with ribbon and fresh, white daisies form the garden and that is why I hurried to the door to welcome the guests into the house before Elime even noticed that they were standing beyond it. 

Hane was stood there, blonde hair ruffled by the light, evening breeze, his bright green eyes glistening in the daylight, handsome as ever. In comparison to Gayne stood next to him, however Hane could have been a simple foot servant. His toussled dark hair framed those beautiful, grey eyes. I have never seen anyone with eyes like that. Pale grey with flecks of bright blue, making them resemble the starry eveing sky, stars just peeking through the thin clouds that are still just reflecting the sun's glare. okay, here I go again, I can feel my checks turning a bright crimson colour as his eyes look into mine. 

Sometime after I managed to get ove Gayne's exquisote good-looks and I could look at his handsome, smiling face without sweating, we were sat together when a knock came upon the door. Elime stood and glided swiftly over to answer it. she slowly opened the door a crack to get a brief look at the visitor, before turning to Hane who rose slowly from his seat by the fire. The door creaked open and on the doorstep stood a boy. He was, perhaps thirteen years old with brown hair and deep, penetrating blue eyes.

Hane took a step forward. 'Hello Tommi...'

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you like! Chapter 3's up now guys!!! xx