"I broke my leg," I say calmly, leaning down to rub my leg.

"Broke my leg, my ass," she snaps. "Court. Now."

"But-"

"NOW!"

I groan extra loud and drag myself to the court, whining all the way. "You can't make me do this," I plead. "My leg really is broken!"

"It was fine just a second ago." She raises her desperately-in-need-for-a-pluck eyebrows at me.

"I, like, just broke it," I lie. "Like, really bad. I think I need to go see the nurse."

She just shakes her head, her arms folded over her Basketball jumper. "Unless you're lying unconscious on the floor in a pool of your own blood and your bones are sticking out, you're not going anywhere."

I stamp my feet in frustration. "But, please!"

"Jesus Christ, do you always whine this much?"

"I am not whining," I argue. "I am simply stating my case. You see, I am bringing forth my argument on why I should not do Gym because of my-"

"I really don't care, Stanford. Just go and hit the ball."

I roll my eyes in exaggeration and stomp away from her and towards the riot that's happening on court. This is absolutely unbelievable, who does she think she is? She needs to learn a thing or two about waxing and she's in serious need of a haircut. She shouldn't be talking to me like she is.

"Just suck it up, El," Ashton says from beside me, puffing as he bounces a ball against the ground. He glances up at me, his dimples forming. "You're such a princess. you know that?"

"I am not," I huff. "I just don't like sports. Sue me if that's so wrong."

"There's nothing wrong with that," he replies. Then he holds the ball up to his chest, like he's ready to throw it at me. I flinch and his smile returns. "But you can at least stop acting like a little bitch."

"You can at least stop acting like such an asshole," I retaliate.

He moves to throw the ball and I stagger backwards, and he just laughs before shaking his head and running off.

I think I'm okay as I manage to hide myself in a corner where none of the balls seem to go. I watch the scene before me with wide eyes, making sure nothing hits me. But what I don't expect is the ball that hits my side, making me yelp. I turn and see Ashton. He's not looking at me, but I damn well knew it was him who threw the ball.

So I pick the basketball up gingerly and roll it around my hands before arching my arm back and throwing it into the air. It flies towards Ashton at a lightening speed and hits him square in the back, and he literally screams.