you in my jersey

Harry knows that something is bothering y/n. He intended to give her space and let her come to him when she is ready to talk, but her constant fidgeting and little sighs are starting to concern him. When they were just friends, he would force himself to mind his own business and not overstep boundaries. But now that he is officially her boyfriend, it is much harder to suppress the urge to wrap her in his arms and squeeze her until she felt better.

"Love, what's wrong?"

"Hm?" she hums, not looking up from her screen, "Nothing's wrong Harry."

"Can you look at me please?" he tries again.

She timidly looks up to see him wearing a small frown, which immediately tugs at her heart. Her mouth opens and closes a few times as she tries to formulate words. Harry places his hand on her thigh, slowly moving his thumb back and forth to try and soothe her.

When she finally finds her nerve, she squeaks out, "Why don't you want me to wear your jersey?"

He freezes, caught off guard. "Wha – what do you mean?"

She huffs. "The girls told me that because I'm your girlfriend I'm supposed to wear your jersey to your matches now but I'm going to a match tomorrow, but you haven't given me anything to wear. So, now I don't know what to do because the girls tell me that it means that we are not official yet but I already told everyone you are my boyfriend and if you haven't told your friends it's fine but I was just - "

"Hey, hey, hey, slow down love." He clasps her hands and presses little kisses on each of her fingers. "First of all, I have told all my friends that you are my girlfriend, and in case you forgot they barged in on us making out in my room last week, so they got the message loud and clear. Second, I wasn't sure if you wanted to wear my jersey. You didn't want to sit with my mum in the players seating area that time, so I thought maybe you don't want all the attention of being associated with me."

"Harry, of course I want to be associated with you, I basically cling onto you everywhere we go. I was just scared to meet your mum because I didn't want her to think that we were dating and make you uncomfortable because I thought you didn't like me then."

"Does that mean you'll want to meet my mum now? Ya know, because we're boyfriend and girlfriend," he says with a teasing lilt, loving the way y/n still shyly grins to herself every time he refers to her as his girlfriend.

"Why don't we start with me wearing your jersey to your game. Then we can send a picture to your mum of us being all matchy."

"Yeah? Mum's gonna love the picture. She loves when I send her pictures of you, always tells me how beautiful you are."

Harry tips his head towards hers to press their noses together and gazes at her intensely. When he successfully flusters her, he softly chuckles and kisses her nose, muttering "sweet thing" under his breath.

"If I wear your jersey you better score, if not everyone will know I am supporting a loser," she shot back. Harry pulls away and gasps in mock offence, pinching her waist, causing her to squirm and giggle under his hold.

"Oi, s'not very nice to call your boyfriend a loser. You're supposed to cuddle me and give me smooches when I lose."

"As if I don't give you cuddles and smooches all the time you big ole baby. I spoil you if anything."

She quickly pinches his nipples, causing him to yelp and cross his arms over his chest. When y/n tries to sneak past his arms to pinch him again, he curls into fetal position on the floor.

"I take it back, I don't want a bully to wear my jersey. My girlfriend is such a meanie."

y/n bursts into a fit of giggles and lies stomach down on top of Harry, planting loud, sloppy kisses on his cheek. As hard as he tries, Harry can't stop his fake pout from turning into a satisfied grin. He subtly tilts his cheek upwards to give her more space to kiss, basically purring when she gets the hint.

With one last peck on the edge of his jaw, y/n says lowly into Harry's ear, "Try not to get too distracted when you see how hot I look with your name on my back."

Harry's mouth drops open and his cheeks flush. He was not expecting y/n to say something so bold.

"Now, that was mean. How am I supposed to focus tomorrow? How am I supposed to think about anything else?"

Satisfied with the reaction she got out of him, she sits up and pats his chest twice. "C'mon, you got work to do buddy." She opens her laptop and starts working as if nothing had happened.

"Don't call me buddy," Harry grumbles under his breath but goes back to his laptop nonetheless.

They resume working in silence until it's time to go for dinner. Just before they leave her flat, y/n gives him a quick hug and says, "Sorry for teasing you just now, I'm really excited to wear your jersey tomorrow."

A comforting warmth spread throughout Harry's chest and he couldn't help but feel so lucky that she is finally his.