His jaw dropped as he looked at me and kicked my chair away. I giggled to myself as I turned back around to finish my test. The whole class went by without him doing anything else and I finished my test and so did he. "Zade, can you come here real fast, before the bell rings." Mrs. Carson said sweetly.

She was such a sweet lady. I heard her quietly asking why you could barely see his answers and he looked at me like he was gonna blame me then said. "I got a little upset over one of the questions and took it out on the paper." He shrugged and I giggled as I finished packing up my bag and began packing up his.

He walked back over to me looking mad but he always looks mad. "I'm sorry." I wasn't really sorry, I just said that to make him feel better. "No you're not." "No I'm not." I laughed and handed him his bag and started walking to lunch. I should not have laughed, that hurt.

"You walk so fast for having small legs." He said as we walked through the lunchroom doors. "Look! It's my favorite couple!" Miles said loudly so the whole cafeteria could practically hear. Zade punched his arms once he saw my face turn bright red. "So how are my love birds doing?" Miles added.

"Fine Miles." Zade said sitting down next to me. "Lani do you wanna come over tonight?" Caylie said on the other side of me. "Sorry I can't. I have no one to watch Atlas and I don't feel the best." She looked said but gave an understanding nod.

"Oh. My. God. Are you pregnant?" Miles literally screamed. Basically the whole cafeteria turned and looked at me and Zade. "She's not fucking pregnant Miles." Zade said loudly enough so people could hear and hopefully not start rumors.

Lunch went on like normal after that. Caylie and Derek laughed at stupid things on tiktok, Miles was flirting with some random girl, and Zade and me were talking about Atlas and how I feel sick. "I don't think I wanna go to art." I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on mine.

"I'll drive you home then." He stood up and grabbed my hand and dragged me to his car. The car ride home my throat kept getting worse and worse. I could barely swallow without wanting to cry because of the pain. Zade rested his hand on my thigh and butterflies erupted in my stomach.

He pulled into my driveway and hopped out of the truck. He walked around to the side and grabbed me. He lifted me up in bridal style and walked me inside. He walked me all the way up to my room and sat me on my bed. "I'm gonna call my mom and ask her what I can get you." I nodded because talking hurt too bad.

Zade left my room and I tried to sleep but the pain in my throat got more severe. "Zade." I croaked out, trying to be loud enough so he could hear. I heard him finish up his call and come back in. "I can barely breathe." I was almost in tears as I looked up at him. "Mom told me I should take you to the doctors. She's gonna come pick Atlas up so he doesn't have to be home alone longer."

I smiled at him and sat up. I took my jeans off and changed into sweats while Zade took Atlas to the bathroom. He walked back in and put Atlas back in his kennel before grabbing my hand and walking with me to his truck. He helped me in before he called dad on my phone to let him know.

Dad of course didn't answer so we called Carlos and he answered. "Hey Lani, how are you doing? Zade with you?" Carlos said right as he answered. "Hey Carlos, it's Zade. Lani's throat is killing her so I'm taking her to the hospital." "Oh crap. I'll put dad on the phone." We could hear shuffling before dad spoke.

"Lani I'm so sorry I'm not there for you. If you need anything, call Carlos or me. I'll call the hospital ahead of time so they will let you in since you don't turn 18 till next month." Dad said, speaking to me but I couldn't answer. "Thank you. She would respond but she is in excruciating pain. I will call and update you on her. Bye sir."