JACKIE: Do you know, what terrifies me is that you still can't say. What happened to you, Rose? What can be so bad that you can't tell me, sweetheart? Where were you?

[Powell Estate]

(Up on the roof of the block.)

ROSE: I can't tell her. I can't even begin. She's never going to forgive me. And I missed a year. Was it good?

DOCTOR: Middling.

ROSE: You're so useless.

MADDIE: Well, if it's this much trouble, are you going to stay here now?

ROSE: I don't know. I can't do that to her again, though.

Y/N: Well, she's not coming with us.

ROSE: No chance.

DOCTOR: We don't do other people's families.

ROSE: She slapped you!

MADDIE: 897 years of time and space, and I've never seen him be slapped by someone's mother.

ROSE: Your face.

Y/N: It hurt him!

ROSE: You're so gay. When you say nine hundred years?

DOCTOR: That's my age.

ROSE: You're nine hundred years old and your wife is 897 years old and your daughter is 643 years old.

MADDIE: Yeah.

ROSE: My mum was right. That is one hell of an age gap. Every conversation with you 3 just goes mental. There's no one else I can talk to. I've seen all that stuff up there, the size of it, and I can't say a word. Aliens and spaceships and things, and I'm the only person on planet Earth who knows they exist.

(There is a deep horn and a spaceship, trailing black smoke passes overhead and heads for the city. It misses Tower Bridge, weaves around St Paul's, then with a nasty back-fire and a splutter, dives for the Thames, taking out the Clock Tower at what at first glance looks like 9:58 except the dial is actually backwards, silly special effects people. Big Ben chimes once and the spaceship crashes into the river. The Doctor, Maddie, Y/N, and Rose watch a plume of black smoke rise into the air on the horizon.)

ROSE: Oh, that's just not fair.

[Street]

(Naturally, the army have closed the roads, much to the annoyance of car drivers.)

MAN: Just my luck.

SOLDIER: Get back. Get back.

Y/N: It's blocked off.

ROSE: We're miles from the centre. The city must be grid locked. The whole of London must be closing down.

DOCTOR: We know. We can't believe we're here to see this. This is fantastic!

ROSE: Did you 3 know this was going to happen?

MADDIE: Nope.

ROSE: Do you 3 recognize the ship?

Y/N: Nope.

ROSE: Do you 3 know why it crashed?

DOCTOR: Nope.

ROSE: Oh, I'm so glad I've got you 3.

MADDIE: We bet you are. This is what we travel for, Rose. To see history happening right in front of us.

ROSE: Well, let's go and see it. Never mind the traffic, we've got the Tardis.

Y/N: Better not. They've already got one spaceship in the middle of London. We don't want to shove another one on top.