CHAPTER 4

Long minutes later, someone finally passed the last lap, the crowd standing and cheering, and the champion's name is all over the air.

The racing track is a mess. Damages are everywhere, and a couple of racers were taken to the medic.

Still, it wasn't enough reason to stop until the trophy fell to the winner. To him.

"I can't see Jeno!", Areum exclaimed after being dragged by Renjun from the front.

It seems like they have been walking and squeezing through numerous bodies for a lifetime now, and she's already annoyed by the crowding heat.

She's almost losing it, but she never wishes to be literally lost!

A crowd pushed them from the side, and she lost grip, separating her from the other two.

Panicked, it rushed to her veins, and she snapped back to reality after a few seconds when someone bumped her.

Now, what to do?

Without a choice, Areum went with the wave of people, and after more minutes, she reached a breathable place that looked like a back exit.

She fished out her phone and immediately texted the two, though right after she could press send, a familiar figure passed in front of her.

The same raven hair, the same predatory eyes, the same pretty face

"Jaemin?", she called.

Halting after hearing his name, he looked over his shoulder with a furrow.

He raised his brow. Why is she here?

"It's you! Um, congratulations!", she beamed while walking towards him. "Do you recognize me?"

Jaemin just stood there, looking down on her smaller figure with her silver hair flowing with the wind.

"Are you lost?", he asked in an agreeable situation, judging that she's alone and looked visibly panicked.

Areum's eyes sparkled. "You're good to judge", she chuckled. "Yes, I am."

"Well, you should call them or your brother."

"Auto pass with my brother; he doesn't know I'm here.. maybe. Anyways, so you're a racer, huh? A very good one as that."

"Well, it just happened", he curtly smiled. "Didn't know you're into this?"

"Oh, I'm not; I just heard that there's a Jaemin who might join, so I'm here to see if it's really you", she frankly answered, taking Jaemin's back.

He chuckled. "You're straightforward."

"Well, you left a good impression the last time", she mischievously smiled. "I think I might easily like you."