Chapter 39: Hofu's Showdown And Redemption Part 1

Start from the beginning

Hofu's body tensed as he got up and faced Enzi with a scowl, "Don't bring up my aunt like that!" He growled, "She didn't deserve to die like this! And as for your mother; she had gotten what's coming to her!"

Enzi roared before raising his paw with his claws out and striking Hofu in the face, leaving four claw marks on the latter's face. Hofu roared in pain as blood started oozing from his newly fresh wound. The younger lion snarled before retailing, tackling Enzi to the ground and the two lions started fighting each other to the death.

Both were roaring and snarling as they kicked up dust around them. Their fight gained everyone's attention as they stopped what they were doing and ran towards the scene to witness their prince and pride mate battle it out against each other.

After a while, Enzi successfully pinned Hofu down and sunk his teeth into his neck. Hofu roared in pain and struggled to get the outland prince off of him. He may be older than him, but Enzi's much stronger and tougher from all of the training he endured in his whole life.

'I can't give up now!' Hofu thought, 'If I die here and that means Enzi will win.' He frowned before finding a burst of strength and shoving the prince off of him before standing up. Ignoring the pain in his neck, Hofu charged at Enzi with full speed and tackled the younger lion down.

Hofu clamped his jaws around Enzi's neck and bit down as hard as he could. Enzi roared in pain and attempted to shake Hofu off, but the older lion was holding on tight. The prince felt himself growing weaker as he collapsed onto the ground with his claws out. With quick action, he raked his claws into Hofu's face, causing him to let go as he wriggled from the former's grasp.

Enzi panted from exhaustion as all the adrenaline left his body. His neck was hurting as well as the rest of his body. He groaned before giving Hofu a death glare which in turn the latter returned. Both lions were battered, bruised, and bloodied from their fight. Exhaustion had taken a toll on them as they walked away from each other while the pride simply went back to their training sessions.

Instead of going back to the den in the outlands, Hofu decided to go back home to the pride lands. He didn't care if he would risk his life by becoming a traitor to the outsiders; he just wants to go back home and apologize for his misdeeds from the past.

He limped out of the outlands and crossed over the borders, avoiding the direction of the crocodile creek, "Man, I'm glad that I found another way to the pride lands," said Hofu as he winced in pain from his previous fight with Enzi, "I know crocodile creek is the fastest way to the pride lands, but that'll be a suicide attempt there. Those crocodiles will eat anyone who dares to cross that creek."

As Hofu walked into the pride lands, his stomach growled. Living in the outlands had taken a toll on the young lion. The only thing he was able to eat was some lizards and field mice—and he found a small muddy pond from the other side of the outlands. The taste of the dirty water had made him cringe as the mucky texture had traveled down his throat. He thanked the great kings above that he didn't get sick from drinking dirty water.

He once heard from Rafiki that a gazelle had gotten very sick from drinking muddy water and nearly died if he haven't gotten to it in time. Hofu's once muscular frame is lanky and slender from the lack of food like all of the other outsiders' bodies. Despite having a thin body, he still has strength, speed, and stamina from training.

As he walked through the savannah, he spotted a lone gazelle away from its herd, munching on some grass, "Perfect..." Hofu crouched down and began stalking in the tall grasses. He made sure to stay quiet and calm, trying not to alert the gazelle. He crept slowly and steady at his prey as it didn't notice Hofu was hunting it.

When Hofu got close enough, he jumped on the gazelle with his claws out, catching it by surprise. It bucked and cried wildly as Hofu pinned it down with his jaws wrapped tightly around its neck. Soon after a while, the gazelle stopped moving as it died afterward.