Chapter 11: Welcome to The Jungle

Start from the beginning

But... NO ONE in their right mind would let this be the majority vote!!

   Sure, none of the interactions you made here were inherently..."positive", as some would say. But there HAD to be some decent people here.

Hell! You were willing to take a crotchety ass-hat who didn't have murderous tendencies at this point!!

    As you sat there rationalizing the moral compass of the entire neighborhood, your theory was gunned down when the sentiment was met with cheers.

    HOLLERS!

UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT!!!

Oh god... you were really gonna die here. Weren't  you?

   It seemed like the ONLY  time when everyone agreed with each other here, was when they had the chance to be garbage human beings.

   From this point on, you considered this as your first hobo lesson:

EVERYONE HERE WAS A JERK!

There seemed to be no one in this godforsaken town —besides Skipp— who had an ounce of any human sympathy!

     You looked to your only source of safety for ANY backup. But all you were greeted with was Vinnie's confidence visibly crumbling, Skipp looking like a helpless puppy, and Stone... Stone did nothing but stand there.

   It wasn't like there was anything he could do anyway. Might as well let fate follow its path. And hey, the sooner they got you, the sooner he and his friends go back to their old life... The sooner he can forget.

    You squeezed your eyes shut, and waited for your demise.

   When a cry corrupted the corroboree.

    "HEY! WAIT!"

You looked for the source, and to your surprise (and your immense relief) it was the Overalls guy!!!!

You swore it was like someone crammed an inhaler down your throat when he sped up to Franz.

   "Franz! Buddy. You gotta help me with this..."

The pretty boy could only stare at his friend with distaste. But with a pointed look from Overalls (you decided to call him), Franz rolled his eyes and let him take the lead.

"Hobos! Listen up! It's not worth jumping the new kid. Not only is it a waste of time, but let's be honest with ourselves. This fight would suck. I mean, just look at 'em."

The hobos mulled it over and generally admitted that the fight would, indeed, suck.

It hurt, but the truth always tended to do that.

"And from what I can understand, Y/N here's not gonna step out of line. No need to start picking fights when the new kid's with those three." Overalls jabbed a thumb at the trio.

"You guys will make sure of that, right?"

Vinnie, who was dumbfounded by these turn of events, quickly pulled herself together.

"Yeah- Yes! Yes. We totally got this under control. No steppin' outta line for this hobo. Right boys?"

"One-hundred percent guaranteed!" Skipp chimed in.

    Stone just gave a simple shrug of his shoulders.

   That seemed to satisfy Overalls.

  "Well, alright then. That's settled. You heard them! Let's all just go back to our corners, and mind our business."